Home

Just played a guy with Walter Payton and Earl Campbell in the same backfield

This is a discussion on Just played a guy with Walter Payton and Earl Campbell in the same backfield within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Just played a guy with Walter Payton and Earl Campbell in the same backfield

Most satisfying victory in a sports game ever held both them to a total 66 yards rushing... I had a KC Chiefs team with Joe Montana who had a horrible game and The Nigerian Nightmare and Eric Martin and on Defense I had Derrick Thomas Neil Smith Dan Salamnuea Don Cherry Dan Oneil and a Bronze conrner. I held one of the toughest backfeilds I have ever faced and held them to 66 yards rushing and forced a fumble on Walter Payton and picked it for a TD and the go ahead score 17- 14 victory. And sealed the game with a Int by a generic on a cross route. Earl had 5.6 a carry but thats cuase of a 19 yard run early in the game. I really never felt as rewarded as picking the right plays and then putting my players in the correct place preplay stuffing Payton and Earl everytime he ran with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Just played a guy with Walter Payton and Earl Campbell in the same backfield

You may have beaten him, but there's no way you weren't scared to death when you saw that team.

I would think though that it'd be better to go Gold/bronze with RBs if you're doing 2. I would have to think that a gold OL would be better than a gold backup.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Just played a guy with Walter Payton and Earl Campbell in the same backfield

Didnt really notice it at first cause for the first series he was in single back formation and he was swapping them out and I was focused on aligning my defense that I didnt notice it was a different player. Then when I finally figured out it was Walter AND Earl I was kinda spooked. It was even tougher when he used Campbell at fullback and Walter at HB. I really felt like I had to call the right play everytime or I would pay for it.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Dude, that's amazing. Truly amazing. I hope you're enjoying the high; I know I would be. Congrats!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Most satisfying victory in a sports game ever held both them to a total 66 yards rushing... I had a KC Chiefs team with Joe Montana who had a horrible game and The Nigerian Nightmare and Eric Martin and on Defense I had Derrick Thomas Neil Smith Dan Salamnuea Don Cherry Dan Oneil and a Bronze conrner. I held one of the toughest backfeilds I have ever faced and held them to 66 yards rushing and forced a fumble on Walter Payton and picked it for a TD and the go ahead score 17- 14 victory. And sealed the game with a Int by a generic on a cross route. Earl had 5.6 a carry but thats cuase of a 19 yard run early in the game. I really never felt as rewarded as picking the right plays and then putting my players in the correct place preplay stuffing Payton and Earl everytime he ran with him.
Nice D! wow holding them to only 66 yards! Dang.

Lets play sometime!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU

This is what makes this game shine. Its balanced so well that no matter you you are up against, if you play sound football, you have a chance to win the game. Congratulations on the victory.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

i get my xbox back 2morrow..Add me so we can play EastSideBrothaz
Old 08-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

i would love to see an oponent that wasted 2 golds on RB's, what's amazing is that you held them to 66 yards combined, but really not that surprising that you beat such a poorly designed team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »