Home

Could this save 2k football? A sim football idea

This is a discussion on Could this save 2k football? A sim football idea within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Smile Could this save 2k football? A sim football idea

Ok I have played 2k football since NFL 2k till 2k8 and have followed 2k sports for just as long. I noticed how 2k8 sales were not that great and felt that if 2k sports uses some of these features im about to explain they could make a serious seller.

**** Get someone to serve as a symbol of your football game franchise. For example BIll Walsh. Name the game Walsh Football 2k10 and instantly make a name for yourself.

****BUZZ
"Every game has a different amount of hype or BUZZ. Division Rivarly games, playoff and championship games mean more noise, fans, media, hype, and intensity"

****Create a League
"Create your own league with the ability to decide the number of teams, divisions, alignments and the name of your league , championship game, Player of the year trophy, and even your championship trophy.

****Coaching Legends
"New Legendary coaches included. Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, Don SHula, BIll Parcells, and others

****Create a coach/Coach mode
"Create your own coach and sign with a franchise. Try turning them into a contender and watch as you climb the ranks of the greatest coaches of all time.

****Full Franchise Mode

"New franchise mode with 3 leagues to choose from. The Legends League, All Pro League, and the new unique College League. New features include scouting, full draft, weekly hightlight shows, improved presenation with the BUZZ feature and franchise event specific commentary along with full championship celebration show.

****Become a Legend

"Create your own player and guide him from college to pros becoming a legend in the process

**** Ok this idea i read from a message board probably OS so i give credit to whoever thought of it

Pocket Pressure

"QBs now feel thet heat of oncoming pass rushers with new pocket pressure which causes controller vibration sensitive to new QB ratings.

****New Rating System

"New abilities including personality abilities and an advanced 1-100 system for improved team creating and scouting.

****FPF and the Crib make the next gen leap

"First person football is back with an intense feel and new camera system . The crib also returns with the ability to show off user created highlight films to friends and other features.

**** Team Owner

"Purchase a team and make sure you build them into a powerhouse with full control of hiring, firing, stadium plans, financial decisions,

Ok thats all i have for now guys let me know what you think and just be honest thanks alot.

Last edited by vick5; 08-19-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Could this save 2k football? A sim football idea

I think those ideas are all great ,but would a game be able to hold all that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
I think those ideas are all great ,but would a game be able to hold all that?
An Xbox 1 game could hold all that. Just because VC and EA don't take advantage of the systems, doesn't mean they can't do anything.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Well hell what are they waiting for? With a game like that, I wouldn't need another game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

While those ideas sound great, they would no doubt cost a boat load of money to develop because 1)there's an aful lot that needs to be done and 2) some of those ideas are not simple to implement at all. So I doubt it would be cost effective as the dev. cost would most likely far outweigh the revenue generated by additional sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 03:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I’d buy this game again if they made everything super duper mod friendly. So you could import logos, rosters from scratch, maybe even stadium building tools. And add franchise. I wouldn’t care if it didn’t have a single name or logo in the game that required licensing. It could all be done by the user community.

Another game I play for the PC called rFactor by ISI is a good example. ISI used to make F1 for the PC for EA. After EA lost the license ISI made rFactor on their own, initially it was all fantasy content. They have since released some licensed content but the user made content is just incredible (check out rfactorcentral.com).

I know it’s PC vs. console but the 360 and PS3 are pretty PC-like. If somehow 2k8 could become something like that I think it could be great. You could have NFL, NCAA, USFL, AFL, high schools, maybe even an Arena mod…you name it.

The ideas you mention vick5 are great, I’d buy that game in a heartbeat too.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #7
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Well hell what are they waiting for? With a game like that, I wouldn't need another game.
because if they made a game like that, who would buy the game next year? If you give your customers the best possible product that cannot be improved upon with the exception of sliders and roster edits which can be done in game, then there's no motive to buy the next version of the game.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

great ideas but I'm just hoping for a patch to allow you to add your User made teams to the Season to increase the league size (or replace stock teams)

to play AGAINST

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »