Home

Blitzing is impossible

This is a discussion on Blitzing is impossible within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Blitzing is impossible

im sick of this game and its oline. Calling an all out blitz sending 8 people vs 5 people, and 90% of the time, they wont get in. Oline's psychic abilities are worse than 2k5. This game is pretty boring if you can't play pressure defense.

Please don't tell me 5 sacks a game is unrealistic. I see people rushing for 200 yards, passing for 300. There's many ways to adjust to pressure defense in this game. It's almost a waste since blitzing is a joke.

Last edited by dunelly; 08-20-2007 at 02:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Blitzing is impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
im sick of this game and its oline. Calling an all out blitz sending 8 people vs 5 people, and 90% of the time, they wont get in. Oline's psychic abilities are worse than 2k5. This game is pretty boring if you can't play pressure defense.

Please don't tell me 5 sacks a game is unrealistic. I see people rushing for 200 yards, passing for 300. There's many ways to adjust to pressure defense in this game. It's almost a waste since blitzing is a joke.

Dunnelly,

Do you ever manually conrtol your lineman? If so, make sure you charge your moves, and also use moves that are suited to your player.

I have had great success blitzing and generating pressure even when i dont blitz.

I can assure you it is not impossible.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes Blitzing in this game BLOWS.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly

I used to just watch and let the DL or LB blitz by themselves, so now i started taking control of the LBs and DLs like i used to in 2k5 and i get some pressure from taking control, it helps with the pressure.

So just take control of your players.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Also you have to mix up your blitzes, if you call the same blitz over and over and over. The OL seems to learn and pick up on that blitz.

So you have to mix it up, Call a Gap right then blitz on left gap etc. Do a right twist and blitz middle gap.

You kinda have to be creative with the blitzes and not call the same ones all the time.

Even bring in your Safety in for a blitz. Dude they blitz so fast lol.

I tried it one time with Lott and hes a monster, he just runs right by the RB blockers lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
Banned

I just played a guy with Lott and he even blocked all my XP's and FG's, as well as sacking me. I get good pressure just rusing with Carl Banks from the end when I control him. Also, if you use an OLB and slant in, that works pretty well.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

I wish a dev would chime in to confirm this, but I really do believe the way they delt with the DL Glitch is to have people manually bring heat. When you do it manually you can bring decent pressure. The other alternative is to put the game on fast. You will see a improvement in your pass rush.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #8
Rookie

They made it way too much work, to get a decent amount of pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »