Home

APF2K8 sales?

This is a discussion on APF2K8 sales? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
APF2K8 sales?

How are they doing now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: APF2K8 sales?

Its not looking very good for future installments.

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO -- Few on the Street thought video-game publisher Take-Two's (TTWO - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) bleeding sports business was a good idea. The fate of its latest football game, All-Pro Football 2K8, proves the point. Take-Two's sports division, 2K Sports, which also makes hockey and baseball games, is not expected to be profitable until 2008, the company says. But lackluster sales of All-Pro Football 2K8 and attempts to stick with the series are likely to only mean more affliction.

One analyst estimates that only 500,000 copies of that game will be shipped to stores by Oct. 31, the end of Take-Two's fiscal year 2007. Over the game's lifetime, Take-Two could ship about 733,000 copies, says Jesse Divnich, an analyst with The simExchange, an online site that aims to act as a video games prediction market.
Read the rest of the story here
Old 08-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

From the article:

"Wiedey, for one, doesn't see a silver lining. "Generally a good portion of the sales with sports game come early on in the cycle," says. "With the release of Madden, it is unlikely that many gamers will go for All-Pro Football."

There is a person who understands how this works. Unforunately, the peanut galleries around the net and here, seem to think that the beginning period isn't more important than the overall period. You couldn't be more wrong, and with sports games you don't even have a valid argument against it.

Regardless of the articles tone however, I don't think making APF was a bad idea itself. It was just a bad idea to do it the way they chose to do it. It was if they were purposely sabotaging themselves. I'm not saying they were, it's just hard to believe that one team could make so many bonehead decisions in one cycle, by accident.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Please stop citing that article as something that means anything. It is amateur.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

It may be true that the begining period is what matters for sports games but that is only because people know there is a sequel every year. If there is not going to be an APF2K8 until 2010 then that will not matter with APF2K8. It can sell for a while longer. Though I am not sure what will happen with sales of this game. Best Buy has it for $39.99 so it will be interesting to see if sales spike or continue to drop at the same rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Please stop citing that article as something that means anything. It is amateur.

Why people are placing any weight on the article is beyond me... It is pure speculation from some one that is not in the know.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

The speculative parts are not my concern. The points about sales and the number of mistakes made are facts. From those facts, it's not a wild speculation at all to say the series is probably finished.

But like I always say to the naive; hope springs eternal.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #8
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Why people are placing any weight on the article is beyond me... It is pure speculation from some one that is not in the know.
It is obviously a lame shill attempt. Both Pastapadre and this Simexchange place have been cited as sources and I'm guessing they contacted them just to get hits up on their websites.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »