Home

Generic QB's: Has anyone DARED to take one?

This is a discussion on Generic QB's: Has anyone DARED to take one? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #17
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Generic QB's: Has anyone DARED to take one?

generic WR's kinda suck, but IMO, the QB play is completely based on how you play. You can't really gunsling it marino style with a generic, but it's 100% possible to have a great game with one if you play smart.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Here's a report from the battlefield. This topic got me interested enough to tweak my Raiders team so that I had only generics at HB and QB. I loaded up on DBs and WRs. After a full half on All Pro difficulty versus the Cyclones, here are some interesting lines.

First, the score: 28-10 in my favor.

Second, my QB, the "Balanced" J. McDaniel. His stats are 12-15, 182 yds, 12.1 AVG/ATT, 2TD, OINT, 40 Long, 2 sacks.

Third, my "speedy halfback" S. Cohen went 11-97 with an 8.8 avg., a TD, and a 50-yard long.

Bear in mind that this is versus a team that has Clyde Simmons, Jack Lambert, DeRon Cherry, John Offerdahl, and Jerome Brown on their defense, so I was pretty happy to say the least. If I can get someone to go into a custom game so I don't have to brave the randoms with this crew, I'd love to test it live. I'm on PS3, btw, if there are any takers.

Great thread idea, totalownership!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:22 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 28

Thanks man. Good to see you're having success with them. I've yet to put my plan in effect but I will for sure do it tomorrow. I need to think what it is that I would like to do with the extra picks. You're REALLY going out on a limb with a Pathmark brand QB and HB. lol
Old 08-21-2007, 03:32 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Don't ever try to QB sneak with a generic QB. Cause he will fumble.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

offline i am sure they would be fine. Online? i dont know. that may be kind of scary. lol I been testing out Legend QB's lately. I been using Steve Young and Warren Moon. I am really liking Warren atm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I ought to take an entirely generic offense into practice mode just for the hell (and laughs) of it.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #23
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I ought to take an entirely generic offense into practice mode just for the hell (and laughs) of it.
I am currently playing with an all-generic offense except Billy Simms in a Season. My defense doesn't give up many points but I don't score many either. I pick a scambler as a QB and his accuracy is just plain awful.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Thanks man. Good to see you're having success with them. I've yet to put my plan in effect but I will for sure do it tomorrow. I need to think what it is that I would like to do with the extra picks. You're REALLY going out on a limb with a Pathmark brand QB and HB. lol
What's wrong with Pathmark? That is one of my favorite grocery stores. Although I am down south now, I grew up on "the no frills" brands. Now if you had said Key foods or C-Town, then I could agree. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »