Home

LBZrule I think I figured out te Blitz

This is a discussion on LBZrule I think I figured out te Blitz within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
LBZrule I think I figured out te Blitz

I believe I have figured the Blitz out against the CPU. You are the resident X and O guy and you probably will like this being you like LB's. I have found this to work consistently and its not cheap and brings Heavy Heat, even on normal game speed. The problem aint the random Blitzes or the speed of the game I have discovered. Its really kinda sneaky.

1. Go to practice mode play as the defense.

2. It helps to pick a team that has some Linemen that are at least Bronze but not really needed.

3. Call a deep passing play for the CPU. IMPORTANT: Make sure its a play where only 1 back stays in to block, or a one back formation or both backs are going out to pass.(You will see why in a moment)

4. Call a Defense with 1 or 2 LBs blitzing or a saftey. Just make sure its only 1 or 2 NOT 3 or more.(You will see why in a moment)

We all know we need more men rushing than the offense has blocking for a effective Blitz.
The problem I have found when playing the CPU is they pass protect pretty well, so you gotta have numbers on defense.

Here is the catch, and take careful note of it. If you called a play where only 1 LB is blitzing, hot route 1 other LB to blitz and watch the QB head. So far in testing 100% of the time it wont move. Now hot route another LB to Blitz(total 3 blitzers) The CPU QB will now start making head movements like he is giving blitz pick up assignements. This will make the cpu keep extra backs in in a 2 back formation and make a WR stay in and block on a 4 wide formation. So when you Bliz seven, they are gonna have seven staying in to block...and slow your blitz down, giving the cpu time to make a throw.

Now Call a blitz play that sends 2 LBs. Manually take control of the Non blitzing LB. You can move him where ever you want. Outside, in the gaps where ever. The CPU will NOT make the
Blitz pick up calls. So now you got seven against 6. If you dont get through one of the other LB's WILL, and whats even nicer, is if you have a pass rush type DE,DT, he is now not getting double teamed, so his rush is gonna be even faster.

You also can play around with which way the LBs blitz direction with the Hot routes. This coupled with how you called your Dline to stunt at the play call screen can make some nasty blitz lanes for your LB's.

I have done this with consistency and have sacked the Qb NUMEROUS times or made the CPU make BAD throws.

This may not be as cool to those who are used to the Madden type Blitzes were you call a blitz play and sit back and watch the carnage, but this play style is fair and balanced and effective. If someone can make the right read before your blitz gets there, they are gonna rightfully burn you for maybe a big gain. The flip side is you are gonna rack up sacks, or at least keep the Offense off balance and they cant just sit back and pick you apart.

Try it out see what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: LBZrule I think I figured out te Blitz

problem is, you can't line up that non blitzing LB near any hard gap
say, you put him over the center. the center will eat him and allow the other blitzer to get in. And theres already threads on how the ai blitzes.
me and lbz already knew about this
good bandaid but the raw problem is still there.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
problem is, you can't line up that non blitzing LB near any hard gap
say, you put him over the center. the center will eat him and allow the other blitzer to get in. And theres already threads on how the ai blitzes.
me and lbz already knew about this
good bandaid but the raw problem is still there.
The problrm is NOT the blitzes or the speed or the lanes. I thought that to at first, especially when you see the routes the LB's take to the QB.

The REAL problem is the CPU is too good at picking up the blitz and keeps a extra WR/TE/HB/FB in to pass protect thus negating any blitz you send. If you blitz 3 or more the CPU will KNOW it and adjust his play accordingly. Just look at it in practice mode.

If you only rush 2 and take control of the other you WILL bring heat. You dont even have to be in the gap with the guy you are controlling. I am playing behind the LOS in most cases, and as soon as the ball is snapped I pick my lane and Layeth the smack down on the QB. If I do get picked up SOMEONE else is free.

In Madden if the CPU reacted to the Blitz the same way the CPU reacts to it in AP2K8 you would have the same problem in that game too. However the CPU in Madden does not make this adjustment, so you can just send the house and laugh. Most people online dont keep blockers in to handle a heavy rush either, and this is why it works so well online also in both games.

I am actually having fun now being creative in how I set these blitzes up and taking chances on who I send based on who I think the CPU wont throw to. I am getting to the CPU so fast in some cases its almost nano like, depending on what play the CPU called. I am even blasting HB's in the backfield more now. Learning this has opened up the Defensive options for me now.

Yeah, its gonna be not so fun for those who just want to watch the blitz happen on its own, but if you like playing LB or Saftey you are gonna LOVE this.

Last edited by TombSong; 08-20-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Yeah, its gonna be not so fun for those who just want to watch the blitz happen on its own, but if you like playing LB or Saftey you are gonna LOVE this.
O i already do..Open fire is a great play becuase it blitzes one of the OLB and as the safety you can just follow him into the promised land lol...nickel 3-3 has a bunch of createive blitzes in it aswell and it seems the Offense doesn't pick up on it aswell becuase of there being only 3 dlineman..if you bring heat from the corners and some Olb's the cpu qb gets easily confused

Last edited by BaselineBakes; 08-20-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
MVP

Dunelly, I am also not advocating that this is the end all be all , how it should be done in football games, method of blitzing. I am giving this info because it DOES work. Its also not chea, and very balanced as the defense is taking more of a risk blitzing(as in real life) but also this can be very disruptive to a offense that cant handle the heat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
Rookie

That's what im saying though. I'm actually agreeing with u. You're getting success because you're not lined up on the LOS. if you're hanging back and waiting til the oline picks protection, THEN blitz, then yes you'll get in.
Try putting your guy on the LOS and see if he still gets in. The center won't know he's blitzing, but if you're near the "box" he'll change his mind last second and get you . I understand what youre saying though, this is how I blitz myself.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The REAL problem is the CPU is too good at picking up the blitz and keeps a extra WR/TE/HB/FB in to pass protect thus negating any blitz you send. If you blitz 3 or more the CPU will KNOW it and adjust his play accordingly. Just look at it in practice mode.
Your findings are really interesting. I'm not sure of any ramifications from what you guys were talking about on how effective defenses/blitzes are in the game, but it does seem to open up a lot in terms of being creative on defense. I was playing around with it last night in practice mode and it was cool making the adjustments then seeing the cpu adjust on it's end. Granted no game will ever truly simulate true human intelligence (anytime soon), but it was very cool watching the ai was adjusting routes and/or blocking to deal with various blitzes. And it was done in a way where it seemed fair to both the cpu and the player - sometimes the cpu got the ball off, sometimes I got the sack; nice variety. Very cool.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Tomb I don't have a problem with this strategy against the CPU. But I'm telling you if we are in a two player game, which I'm going to send you a friend request later today when I get back, this is easily shredded with a short quick pass in several areas. My biggest concern is two player games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »