Home

Cheeser Tactics (qb evade)

This is a discussion on Cheeser Tactics (qb evade) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #17
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: Cheeser Tactics (qb evade)

When I was playing this guy I was mixing Man Under Cover 2 along with Cover 3, Cover 4 and Cover 8 with Nickel personnel. At first I was occasionally sending one of my outside linebackers on a hot blitz in these zone coverages until I realized I won't get to Cunningham no matter what. So I stopped doing this as the game progressed. Anyway, I knocked down some passes from time to time, but Rice and Biletnikoff would eventually get separation other times and make catches. They're both just too good to consistently shut down. And when I had too many defenders focused on those two receivers outside, he hits Reed in the post near the middle of the field.

This is a prime example why this game has to have a better way to represent pressure defense. It would be the only solution for opponents with this type of team and gameplan.

Kruza
Old 08-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Cheeser Tactics (qb evade)

It's just disencouraging when you play football 101 with other people and kill them.

Then when you try to play real football vs these guys, you get torch. It just sadly remind you that it's just a videogame
And I'm sick of the dropped INTs too. I've had games where they dropped an easy int for 6 pts over and over again.

Last edited by dunelly; 08-22-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
When I was playing this guy I was mixing Man Under Cover 2 along with Cover 3, Cover 4 and Cover 8 with Nickel personnel. At first I was occasionally sending one of my outside linebackers on a hot blitz in these zone coverages until I realized I won't get to Cunningham no matter what. So I stopped doing this as the game progressed. Anyway, I knocked down some passes from time to time, but Rice and Biletnikoff would eventually get separation other times and make catches. They're both just too good to consistently shut down. And when I had too many defenders focused on those two receivers outside, he hits Reed in the post near the middle of the field.

This is a prime example why this game has to have a better way to represent pressure defense. It would be the only solution for opponents with this type of team and gameplan.

Kruza
Yep this is the exact reason why pressure schemes need to be better represented. As I said in the Madden forum, I'd rather have heat than No heat although it is a bit out of hand in that game, at least you have it for players just like this. There is no point in drafting a Gold Dline when someone can just easily run. Or if they come out in I Load hot block everyone except for 2 guys and just start running backwards. The thing I hate is, since you can only cover 1 of the TE's in that situation they just wait to see which TE you are going to cover then they go to the other side and you can't count on your legend CB to get the damn job done
Old 08-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

When I meant blitz, I meant to manually blitz yourself with a corner and run after him. Pick the fastest guy you got (usually a corner) and just run after him. Blitzing should leave you free from being blocked by an outside lineman and allow you to just run up the field after him.

I have played against a guy like this and I just used pass interfere tactics and manual blitzing to beat him. If you sprint fast enough and get to the qb enough he will abandon the tactic. Another thing is to move your secondary back so they don't lose a step to the receiver.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
When I meant blitz, I meant to manually blitz yourself with a corner and run after him. Pick the fastest guy you got (usually a corner) and just run after him. Blitzing should leave you free from being blocked by an outside lineman and allow you to just run up the field after him.

I have played against a guy like this and I just used pass interfere tactics and manual blitzing to beat him. If you sprint fast enough and get to the qb enough he will abandon the tactic. Another thing is to move your secondary back so they don't lose a step to the receiver.
This is a pretty good thing, but see I always try to anticipate the next move. If it was me and you go out there playing CB against I load, I'd just run the ball inside It comes down to whatever you do you gotta hope he doesn't get smart and realize that since I am doing this then that over there is very very weak. I dunno it's back to the drawing board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #22
Rookie

Hmm been messing around practice mode, seems to me the qb spy might be the solution vs manual QB runners. The spy will act like a blitzer if he starts manually moving his QB.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #23
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Hmm been messing around practice mode, seems to me the qb spy might be the solution vs manual QB runners. The spy will act like a blitzer if he starts manually moving his QB.
Excellent find I might use that myself and have a corner do the QB spy since they are the fastest movers.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #24
Rookie

Meh it doesn't work that well. the cheeser scrambles directly back, not side to side. SO there's no way the spy or blitzer can get there in time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »