Home

NFL2K4 All Over Again.

This is a discussion on NFL2K4 All Over Again. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NFL2K4 All Over Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
man i just disagree. i can't really put my finger on how i play differently to avoid that problem... i won't say you're not seeing it but i know i definitely am not.

even still, make sure you use all that the game has to offer before determining it's just broken. i know the db ai could be better but even on 2k5, if you controlled the right player in certain packages and shifted the db's properly you could stop the corner routes and others people complain about. in this particular case i'd try calling zones while making a safety or lb cover the main target man to man, try double teaming more, switch up the blitzes you call.

again, i'm not saying that you don't know how to play or that what you're talking about doesn't exist, but i know i haven't had a problem there and didn't have a problem with a lot of things people complained about with 2k5. there are some missing animations that make some things look strange but every little thing seems to have a counter somewhere in there.
Well, I'm making it sound like its everyone I play, when its only a few cheesers now and then. I just found 3-4 people who does this. At first it's really frustrating because you're used to people who play normally. I've actually played the same cheeser who beat me before, and this time I destroyed him.
Trust me, it's not because of playcalling. Call a quads double cross vs cover 3 and run backwards with your qb. It's kinda like madden on how you can just run around with the qb before coverage breaks down. Again its the 5% who does this, not the majority.
Ask Lbzrules, he has seen it before too.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #74
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah, I'm not suggesting your lying. I'm also not saying that my suggestions are the answer b/c I don't know, haven't logged enough time with APF to give advice like that... just what I would try based more on my 2k5 experience.

But generally, outside of just saying you should try not to play too many random folk, I'd try experimenting with some of the advanced defensive features (double teaming, hot route man coverage in a zone, hot route blitzing rather than just the preset blitzes, bumping dbs shifted in or out, etc). I have no idea if any will work, but I'd test em out before throwin my hands up, b/c I know some combinations have worked for things people have said were impossible to stop in the past.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, I'm not suggesting your lying. I'm also not saying that my suggestions are the answer b/c I don't know, haven't logged enough time with APF to give advice like that... just what I would try based more on my 2k5 experience.

But generally, outside of just saying you should try not to play too many random folk, I'd try experimenting with some of the advanced defensive features (double teaming, hot route man coverage in a zone, hot route blitzing rather than just the preset blitzes, bumping dbs shifted in or out, etc). I have no idea if any will work, but I'd test em out before throwin my hands up, b/c I know some combinations have worked for things people have said were impossible to stop in the past.
well the thing is we are trying to qualify for the tourney and so we gotta play random people. Also I really think that playing random people is necessary because it takes the blinders off of my eyes and lets me see everything wrong with a product I generally think is outstanding give or take a few issues. When you play random people it is blatantly clear, there is alot of work that needs to be done on the football side of things and the physics side of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Very true.

Although, I don't blame VC too much about the cheesers. Every single game ever made has people who try to exploit the coding to play how they want.
Half the first person shooters on the PC have bundles of hacks and cheats. Autoaim, clear walls, etc. Shoot, look at halo 2 for the xbox. You can see flying warthhogs around half the games.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 21

Well I just played a game against a guy who had some friend playing with him. I figured, I dont care, I am practicing my blitzes tonight. I lost the game 35-33. But I aint here to tell yall that, LOL

I went into this game to practice blitzes. I actually got a few sacks now that I learned a wrinkle wit the blitzes.

I dont know if any of you have noticed, but I just learned the hot blitzes sometime dont work like you think they are suppose to. I notice sometimes if you want them to blitz straight, and pull down on the Lstick, the hot blitz diagram will show the blitzer going outside. When it does this you have to move the lstick to the left/right(depending on which side you are on) to actually make them blitz straight. You really gotta pay attention to which way the blitz diagram is going after you hot blitz. If its not going in the direction you expected, hit the lstick in the other direction till it goes where you think it should. I have also noticed that sometimes it plain wont let you go in certain directions. It also depends on how your LBs are lined up. Their alignment affects it.

Once I got this figured and KNEW which direction my blitzers were going, it has improved my blitzs. I dont even have to manually blitz to get good pressure. (depending on how many people the offense is keeping in to block and how many I am sending)
Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I went into this game to practice blitzes. I actually got a few sacks now that I learned a wrinkle wit the blitzes.
When I first heard about the blitz problem I practiced mine as well, alternating blitzes between a gold OLB and a bronze ILB, also mixing up the LB shifts. I only got 1 sack the whole game, but held Barry Sanders to 62 yards on 14 carries and won 15-13.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Well I just played a game against a guy who had some friend playing with him. I figured, I dont care, I am practicing my blitzes tonight. I lost the game 35-33. But I aint here to tell yall that, LOL

I dont know if any of you have noticed, but I just learned the hot blitzes sometime dont work like you think they are suppose to. I notice sometimes if you want them to blitz straight, and pull down on the Lstick, the hot blitz diagram will show the blitzer going outside. When it does this you have to move the lstick to the left/right(depending on which side you are on) to actually make them blitz straight. You really gotta pay attention to which way the blitz diagram is going after you hot blitz. If its not going in the direction you expected, hit the lstick in the other direction till it goes where you think it should. I have also noticed that sometimes it plain wont let you go in certain directions. It also depends on how your LBs are lined up. Their alignment affects it.

Once I got this figured and KNEW which direction my blitzers were going, it has improved my blitzs. I dont even have to manually blitz to get good pressure. (depending on how many people the offense is keeping in to block and how many I am sending)

It's been like this since 2k5 actually. They blitz according to where they are on the field. So on the left hash you are going to get a different blitz angle than the right hash and in the middle of the field you will get something else. In the middle of the field most of the time you will get the straight down blitz. It's on the hashes when you have problems.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 21

The thing with 2K5, if I pressed x(If I am remembering correctly) to hot blitz he would always seem to blitz straight down though the gaps. I need to throw my 2K5 back in, LOL.

I really was not paying attention to this years hot blitzes. Just assumed they were doing what I called without looking...till now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »