Home

NFL2K4 All Over Again.

This is a discussion on NFL2K4 All Over Again. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:41 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: NFL2K4 All Over Again.

Here is the thing too. I'm going to give my boys some big props and credit for the Oline blocking scheme. I'm not saying the execution is always flawless but their Big on Big blocking scheme is beast and the only way you are going to attack it is to send six to seven and bring it from the outside. Even if you get a guy up the middle the RB will pick him up just like he should. I know how to attack the blocking scheme it's just the take off speed of the outside guys = too slow. I like what they have done with the blocking scheme. Now give me the closing speed and take off speed on defense to get there when my guy is free to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The thing with 2K5, if I pressed x(If I am remembering correctly) to hot blitz he would always seem to blitz straight down though the gaps. I need to throw my 2K5 back in, LOL.

I really was not paying attention to this years hot blitzes. Just assumed they were doing what I called without looking...till now.
It's in 2k5 too. It would take Deltron, who doesn't post much to break it down. He had it memorized.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #83
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
well the thing is we are trying to qualify for the tourney and so we gotta play random people. Also I really think that playing random people is necessary because it takes the blinders off of my eyes and lets me see everything wrong with a product I generally think is outstanding give or take a few issues. When you play random people it is blatantly clear, there is alot of work that needs to be done on the football side of things and the physics side of things.
Now that is definitely true and why I'm not doubting... just trying to think of some possible solutions. I've never had a problem with the infamous corner routes. Not that I never got beat by one, but when I did it was b/c I didn't expect it and adjust accordingly. There's no excuse for the stupid db animations but it seemed like if you made the right adjustments on plays they happened at a realistic clip (meaning the # of times I'd see them was similar to the # I'd expect db's to screw up somehow that isn't represented in any other way in a videogame).

But I do hear you about the randoms showing you things you would've never even thought possible.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 5

Theres no problem stopping the run if you get my UGTDD guide!

I manage to hold down RBs to less than 100yrds bout 99% of hte time.

And then there are times when you are playing a really good sim player who knows how to mix it up and thats when stopping the RBs become difficult.

But stopping the run is possible, its just that a lot of people do not know the techniques involved.

PM me if you want to know more about UGTDD
Old 08-31-2007, 07:04 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
Theres no problem stopping the run if you get my UGTDD guide!

I manage to hold down RBs to less than 100yrds bout 99% of hte time.

And then there are times when you are playing a really good sim player who knows how to mix it up and thats when stopping the RBs become difficult.

But stopping the run is possible, its just that a lot of people do not know the techniques involved.

PM me if you want to know more about UGTDD
Your UGTDD is a quality guide as good as anything I have seen. The first page of the guide would help tons of people how to think about playing d and not just picking plays. Philosophy of d is as important as picking a certain play. Good stuff.

Love the art of war quotes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »