Home

The New "Little Things" Thread

This is a discussion on The New "Little Things" Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The New "Little Things" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Too Tall seems pretty fast in the game but for the most part if I have a fresh Barry Sanders I can outrun defenders. Only problem is a lot of the time the computers linebackers/dline will get penetration before then so I get tackled behind or at the line of scrimmage at times.

One frustration I have and it was a problem I had in 2k5 as well is that short yardage running is what is very difficult for me. It can be a 3rd and 1 and if I run most of the time I wont get that yard. The computer also struggles to convert short yardage against me. Dunno may just be my playing style and me being a better outside runner
I think it might just be your play calling because i'm pretty efficient on runs on 3rd and 1.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

has anyone seen the randy moss td celebration.i just seen it for the first time today
Old 08-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

CPU ADJUSTMENTS, ADJUSTMENTS, ADJUSTMENTS. Smart AI, is sometimes ruined by bad animations i.e. momentum that should have been addressed on the defense side, just like it was addressed on the offense side.

I just think adjustments are the games biggest asset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
I think it might just be your play calling because i'm pretty efficient on runs on 3rd and 1.
Yeah I often choose among the computer selected plays out of laziness and Barry just isnt that great at the weak toss goal line set which is what the computer often recommends for 3rd down. I'm a lot more effective running a weak dive in the singleback formation for short yards, I'm going to do another season and try adding more favorite plays to my playbook.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutz6
I disagree. I find that my speed burner RB is being outrun by linebackers, or OJ Simpson is being chased down by Too Tall Jones. I hate it. Maybe I"m not pushing A fast enough.
Exactly right. I've thrown screen passes to Payton on one side of the field and have had **** Butkus come from the opposite side of the field to stop him for minimal gain even with good blocking by my blockers. Butkus wasn't known for his speed.

One cool thing i've noticed is that once in a while in bad weather games my Qb will come out of the snap and just trip or slip and fall and have to struggle to get up and complete a pass before the pocket collapses (a difficult thing to achieve). First time I saw it I was like "**** that's so cool".
Old 08-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #14
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

W/ the speed running backs, I've only tested this w/ Barry. But I found while also reading the "does barry run like barry" thread, that if you don't tap A he runs, as it seems, at full speed. I usually on tap the A button when a defender is running parallel w/ me and I need to turn the corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
I'm going to do another season and try adding more favorite plays to my playbook.
You will see a world of difference once you customize your plays to fit the players on your team.

I really can't get enough of the lttle things that make this game so fun. I do not have field pass on but, I really like how QB's and LB's on D actually go to the sidelines to talk to their coach during timeouts.

I also like the coach's body and hand gestures when he encourages these guys or when he is giving them a ear full, I rarely skip these cut scenes. The coach's reaction usually is based on how your team is doing at the time.

I also like the transition cut scenes, when your different units are taking the field during change of possessions. You will see a whole unit coming off the bench and it looks really cool, or the one where it shows your QB running to the field by himself when you get the ball. And then sometimes the camera pans to your kicker while he's still on the bench right before a kick.

The bench celebration after a FG game winner is awesome too.

I play 9min. qtrs and it probably takes me a little longer than usual to finish games because I enjoy watching the real-time cut scenes soo much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Everything between the lines(with the exception of the turf). The gameplay is top notch and i love how you feel part of the game wheb you're playing. Legends play and feel like their RL counterparts. I like the sidelines, they're active not just swaying weeds like Madden.
The biggest thing for me though is that i can play 15min quarters and get realistic stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »