Home

The New "Little Things" Thread

This is a discussion on The New "Little Things" Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The New "Little Things" Thread

Great thread, favre4ever. There's so much here that I like. Have you ever watched a legend DT rip through a double team? It's an amazing animation, perfectly done. Every time I play Art Donovan or Bob Lilly, I'm looking for it now, and when I see it, I know it's oh sh** time, because your pocket is done for, and they can collapse a legend double team a couple of times a game.

I also like the way that different quarterbacks respond to a collapsing pocket and guys in their face. If you watch replays, some guys can throw spirals with defenders closing in, some guys can throw wobblers that are still more or less accurate, and some you can tell get completely flummoxed. I think the replays of those kinds of pressure plays are just fun to watch.

And then there's this thing Cliff Branch does when he catches a skinny post in front of a big safety--he catches the ball while going down to avoid the hit--it's like he's programmed to know he's little and really doesn't need to be running that route or getting hit like that ;-) The bigger receivers don't do that, so I just think that animation is cool.

Lots more stuff there, but those are the first that jumpt to my mind.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #18
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I'd also suggest people not playing the computer on the All Pro setting. I find that the a.i plays the game a lot more realistically on legend. They vary their plays on offense very well and play some impressive defense. Making the difficulty jump makes a world of difference.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #19
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
I'd also suggest people not playing the computer on the All Pro setting. I find that the a.i plays the game a lot more realistically on legend. They vary their plays on offense very well and play some impressive defense. Making the difficulty jump makes a world of difference.
I still get my but kicked on All-Pro.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Ha. The cpu puts up decent games on All Pro but I find their playcalling too predictable. Once you get a better feel for All Pro you should definitely give Legend a try. If it's too hard for you, you could always just adjust the sliders a bit.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #21
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

I was messing around in practice and when one of my guys went to juke I zoomed in on his face, and he was smiling right before he put a move on this guy. Overall the facial expressions are great on this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think the one thing they really did well and it's a tribute to the abilities system, is create personality and individuality. I use Marino and there is no other QB in the game like him. He is great but there are some downfalls. He has a laser canon arm, but he doesn't really put much touch on passes so if you are looking for that he is not the QB for you. Montana and Young put nice touches on their passes. But once I played with Marino, with my gunslinger style I said there is no going back. I do wish the abilities were more pronounced with the defensive players though.
Agree wholeheartedly. I'm in the same situation w/my Pitt team; I love Dan's release so much that I have to have him on the team. He even does playaction in a unique way. In general I think VC's done a bang up job w/making the sig styles across the board; would love to have seen more of that applied on the defensive side.

little-little things:

- I like how the cpu ball carrier automatically switches the ball to the correct hand
- little anims like players adjusting their shoulder pads, or helping each other off the ground
- there seems to be tons of kicker reaction anims
- I saw a coach grab the facemask of a player as if to get his attention
- I like the Field Pass commentary; haven't had any instances where the talk has been inappropriate for the situation. Also like how the QBs sometimes will call out the actual playcall

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-27-2007, 02:10 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had a neat moment playing the Beasts the other night. I was winning 13-3 and they had the ball near midfield with a little over 2 minutes left. They went for it on 4th & 3, Rod Woodson pops Herman Moore and causes a fumble, which we recover. Dan then makes a comment about how the pass looked incomplete to him and was wondering why the coach wasn't challenging, Peter replies that it was 4th down anyways and the coach had nothing to gain by risking a timeout.

Sure enough on the replay the pass should have been incomplete, but we only gained a yard on the recovery and it did make perfect sense why the coach didn't challenge the play.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:18 AM   #24
Rookie

RiversIsMyHero's Arena

OVR: 3

I know it's a very minor detail but if you win the season championship as the Americans it gives you a message saying "Congratulations Colbert Nation and the Americans are on top again!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »