Home

The New "Little Things" Thread

This is a discussion on The New "Little Things" Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The New "Little Things" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
i like the formation shift on this game. it looks so authentic. great game
the formation shifts are awesome. i use them all the time. if only we had them on defense. two little things i noticed:

1. if you pick a PA rollout to one side, but shift your fullback away from the playaction side (so that he's not the decoy lead blocker anymore), the qb will comepletelly change his Pa animation. instead of holding the ball out there till the last minute, the running back will go to the other side, following the fb, and the qb will do this quick head and shoulder fake. its cool.
2. even when i have success running the ball, i find myself thinking, "man i gotta stop running that way," because Lott (or Browner/Tatum/Lloyd) is simply destroying my running back. those hitters REALLY hit hard man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunks4eva
the formation shifts are awesome. i use them all the time. if only we had them on defense. two little things i noticed:

1. if you pick a PA rollout to one side, but shift your fullback away from the playaction side (so that he's not the decoy lead blocker anymore), the qb will comepletelly change his Pa animation. instead of holding the ball out there till the last minute, the running back will go to the other side, following the fb, and the qb will do this quick head and shoulder fake. its cool.
2. even when i have success running the ball, i find myself thinking, "man i gotta stop running that way," because Lott (or Browner/Tatum/Lloyd) is simply destroying my running back. those hitters REALLY hit hard man.
I know what you mean--I'm afraid of those guys. Banks lays licks, as does Browner. They actually make you go "ouch" when you see them, and I love when they give guys alligator arms!
Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

I just saw a pretty cool pre-game thing I hadn't seen before. One of my players must be religious, because before the game, everyone was kneeling at the 50-yard line and praying. It must have worked for my squad, 'cause I shut my opponent out, lol. I'm assuming it was my team anyway. It's little things like that that make you want to try out new guys, new teams, new stadiums, and see what else is in the game.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorax
I thought I would never say this: But I dont care if they get the NFL license back.

I prefer this - I love the legends and frankly outside of a few select players, even to a football geek like myself - most NFL players are simply "generics" anyways. I mean, really, whats the difference between Shaun MacDonald & Emmanuel Husek? Not much, IMO....Nothing that excites me anyways....So I can certainly live with the generics....
great GREAT POINT ! been saying the same thing for 2 months now
Old 08-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #69
Rookie

UofAZiP's Arena

OVR: 2

after playing over 100 games i actually had a snap go over my punter's head. I hadn't seen that one before...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #70
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

i saw my first fumbled snap during a rain game...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like the rotation on Steve Young's passes... Before when a left-handed player threw the ball, it rotated the same direction as it would for a right handed passer, then reversed in mid-air... Now the ball has the proper rotation all the way to the Receiver's arms. Just as it should be.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 11:10 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

I've seen two bad pitches on toss plays this wee, which was cool. Neither game was in the rain, either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »