Home

How do you stop this high-powered offensive squad?

This is a discussion on How do you stop this high-powered offensive squad? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How do you stop this high-powered offensive squad?

Get a gold workhorse RB (Emmitt, Payton, Earl ...) and invest in 3 OL (St. Clair should be 1) and a legend TE. Then, get two good corners and a safety. Grab the DT boys (Fridge, Dan). on the last spot, I would grab LLoyd.

So, off the top of my head:

Gold: Earl (or Emmitt/Payton), Willie Brown
Silver: OLB Lloyd, G Joe DeLamielleure, T Bob St. Clair
Bronze: DT Saleumua, DT Perry, FS Robinson, C Curry, CB Lewis, TE Green

Ride your RB and only throw safe, short passes (pref to the RB or Green). You will take a ton of clock. Given his offense legends, he will have only some bronze guys on D. So, he can stack every play against the run and you will still get yards with your gold RB, 2 silver OL + Curry and Green. Curry is key as he will make St. Clair and Joe D even better with leadership.

Set OL to run, WR to be possession, RB power, DL pass rush, LB run and DB coverage.

On D, your DTs will tie up blockers so you can blitz Lloyd (also assign him on the RB). Put Brown on Rice and Lewis on Moore (Albert is bigger, so he should be solid). Robinson can run with Todd, but Taylor will be an issue. Your best bet here is to take away the run (DTs, Lloyd, LBs, Lewis are all good) and make him look to taylor every play. You can also mix in some Lloyd blitzes and hope a DE gets free. Since he's running 3 WR and 1 TE, there will be no FB or blocking TE so you can also short-zone and blitz. With the DTs and Lloyd plus pass-rush DEs, you could force him into bad decisions.

Overall, you want everything short and make him go to Taylor and Watters as much as possible. On O, grind it out (you could take almost quarter with a possession if done right). In the end, you will be frustrating him by making him have long drives and your TOP. If he makes 1-2 mistakes in the passing game (or you get lucky with Brown), you should win.

Last edited by Arles; 08-28-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #10
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Talking Re: How do you stop this high-powered offensive squad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holykoraan
Not necessarily true. You have a defense that seems to be geared to stopping the run, (even rod woodson has run coverage, not to menchant a pention for giving up the big play) but most people offensive heavy teams are reliant on the pass. I made a team with 4 legends in the defensive backfield. I play alot of cover 2 and I have a LB with the coverage skill at bronze (john anderson, i think) and 1 defensive tackle and 1 defensive end. I get a ton of coverage sacks against teams that are waiting for the big play as i play mostly cover 2 man with a blitz thrown in here or there out of cover 2 zones. I disguise most plays in another shell and rely on runstopping generic lineman to fill the gaps. also, i choose generic safeties with the coverage slant, that way, in nickel and dime situations, they won't be totally ineffective matching up with stars players. (in dime and nickel, the extra defensive backs are your next 2 safeties on the depth chart). You can try coverage or runstopping generic LB's, but i go for the balanced ones, myself. On running downs, i run a 4-3 and on passing downs or situations i run a nickel or dime. I blitz out of nickel with the LB's and leroy butler. Hope this helps!
i think this team's lineup is as followed:
Gold - Ronnie Lott / Gale Sayers
Silver - Keith Millard / Leroy Butler / Len Dawson
Bronze - John Anderson / Albert Lewis / Terry McDaniel / Eric Green / Harvey Martin / Wesley Walker
Should read "not to mention a penchant"

Grammar Police 1, General Public 0
Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

oops...lol, my bad, kinda got it jumbled up there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

My new team is very similar to that.

I have Montana, Rice, Maynard, Coates, and Daryl Johnston as my silver and golds. Then I have Natrone Means as my HB. Then on defense I have the two big boys at DT, and then Lewis, McDaniel, and Robinson in the secondary. I just play cover 2 and let my offense go to work.

Johnston is a beast at the FB spot and catches like a TE so people have to worry about him as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:23 AM   #13
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

I appreciate all the helpful feedback everyone. Thanks. I never thought about clock management before. I will have to reconstruct my team and balance it out more, as opposed to focusing more on the defensive side.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

give up.
Replace Moore with Maynard.
Rice + maynard + Marino = unstoppable in this game. Call man and get rape. Call Zone and just watch the deep corner for 20 yds every down.
You're not going to get any pressure on Marino.
Just get the same thing he gets and try to outscore him.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
give up.
Replace Moore with Maynard.
Rice + maynard + Marino = unstoppable in this game. Call man and get rape. Call Zone and just watch the deep corner for 20 yds every down.
You're not going to get any pressure on Marino.
Just get the same thing he gets and try to outscore him.
Haha that's my current team right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Maynard should really be a gold WR. I don't know what VC was thinking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »