Home

MLB reaction time

This is a discussion on MLB reaction time within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: MLB reaction time

Do you use a legend, Finn? And do you have any issues with geting the MLB to run at a reasonable speed to the desired spot? When I try (I may just need more stick work on defense), I find it hard to find the middle ground between a dead sprint to the spot, which can lead to over-running the play and open up cutback lanes, and scraping just a little too slowly, which can lead to getting swallowed in traffic. When I do play as the MLB, I usually diagnose and hit the hole hard, trying to blow up the FB or pulling guard so that my other guys can get in on the play.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #10
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I assign one linebacker who is fast or a good pass rusher to the RB and leave the run stopper in zone. what will happen is the fast linebacker gets blocked by fullback or a line man leaving the run stopper a chance to make the play. I would like him to make the tackle though.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

i have noticed that with the MLBs, they will read run FIRST, then react to the pass. i find my self usually making the MLB stay home to cover the middle but it's a gamble if a team runs a sweep because he is then out of position. i've also noticed that the 3-4 almost always leaves a LB in the mid area of the field and the others will over the flats. it works for the way i play defense but i use the 3-4 normally on 3rd down when i KNOW a pass play is needed by the offense to gain a 1st and i use it for medium range 3rd downs. (when the threat of a swing pass to the RB, dump off to the TE or a slant to the WR are viable options to get the first down. THIS IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS GAME!!!! STRATEGY IS ALWAYS PARAMOUNT WHEN YOU PLAY!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

True. And when you get it right, it's a great feeling. When your opponent does, it sucks Now I see, just a teeny-tiny bit why coaches have high blood pressure. Of course our jobs are not on the line and neihter is the livelihood of our families, but I'll be the first to admit that my heart rate goes up on big downs, and I definitely celebrate and/or cuss a blue streak depending on the results of the play.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #13
Rookie

I switched my gold MLB out for Derrick Thomas and and went with Ken Nortan jr. at MLB and have been happier ever since it seems like Thomas makes plays all over the field even in the passing game.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
True. And when you get it right, it's a great feeling. When your opponent does, it sucks Now I see, just a teeny-tiny bit why coaches have high blood pressure. Of course our jobs are not on the line and neihter is the livelihood of our families, but I'll be the first to admit that my heart rate goes up on big downs, and I definitely celebrate and/or cuss a blue streak depending on the results of the play.
i feel ya trojan... many good controllers have suffered because of a bad play call....

denzel washington- 'training day'
Old 08-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by beal209
I switched my gold MLB out for Derrick Thomas and and went with Ken Nortan jr. at MLB and have been happier ever since it seems like Thomas makes plays all over the field even in the passing game.
yeah, the most recent team I built, which might be my best yet, had Singletary at MLB, Van Pelt at OLB and a generic OLB (I generally run 4-3). After a few games, Singletary was not having the impact I wanted so I switched him with a generic and picked up Thomas at OLB. What a beast. He made Emmitt Smith his bitch in the last online game I play (2.1 ypc for Smith, ouch!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
Banned

You could just use a MLB at OLB..... I use Pepper Johnson and Carl Banks at OLB along with Albert Lewis at corner. My O is stacked and I usually get one stop on defense a game, which is usually enough for me to win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »