Home

I was having a discussion...

This is a discussion on I was having a discussion... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: I was having a discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Besides some celebrations, there's nothing here that follows up with a statement I believe they made about how they have more freedom without the nfl telling them what they could or couldn't do with a football game. Overall, while it's a better playing game of football, Blitz did the unlicensed thing much better and ran with it..
I'd have to disagree somewhat. I think what people expected from VC was an alternative NFL-style game. Blitz had the freedom to be over the top without having to be accountable for any content they placed in the game. APF had a pretty fine tightrope to walk - change too much and you lose people because that's not what they're looking for. Make a game that's too much like the NFL and they're likely sued. As wwharton pointed out, even if a suit isn't successful having to spend time/money/effort defending it can do just as much damage. They likely opted on the side of caution, and that should be understandable.

We can monday morning quarterback all we want. I think given the huge disadvantage not having the licenses is, I think VC did a great job on their first effort. It's been nearly a month and a half and there haven't been any major gameplay issues or bugs (that I'm aware of). They have the better playing next gen football game on their first time out. Sure the game would be that much better if they tweaked it here or there - but that's tweaks, not overhauling changes. For some things they zigged when they should've zagged, but overall I think they accomplished a helluva lot

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

One other thing too. I know he is only one person, but Robert Brazile is way underrated in this game and should have more abilities than he does. He should have Pass Rush Bonus, Speed Burner, Big Hit, Quick Feet. The man was LT before LT came into the league. The problem is they did not record sacks as an official stat until he was almost out of the league. He was the pass rush OLB in Bum Phillip's 3-4 defense. He's a seven time pro-bowler for god's sake. He was going to the Pro Bowl and starting at OLB and Ham and Lambert were the ILB's. Come on man your peers and people around the league don't call you Dr. Doom for nothing.

Anyways here is some real football, it's great.

First play of the game Earl stuffed for a loss. Yeah he broke his facemask but still stuffed for a loss.

One decent run in this one and a fumbled hand off. What fumble? Earl never fumbles in 2k8.

Watch Willie Alexander on this one. That's how the CB's should play the deep zone. Don't turn your back and start running. Keep your eyes on the package. Also notice all the fronts that the Oilers are throwing at Pitt up front. They were in the base 3-4 Odd, they went to Under, Over, Eagle. Steelers running that Tilted Nose front.

To see the rest go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2IGw...elated&search=
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

stop posting fake clips lbz
Old 08-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

AI is the best for a football game. They make mistakes but rarely, it is the most realistic AI for a football game,

the only problem i see with the legendary dbs sometimes is when they try to pick off an int. And they miss it, and results in an easy TD.

They need to fix that, there should be a "Smart DB ability" that makes the DB decide whether to go for an int or just go for a hard hit and dislodge the ball.

This problem ive seen with the safetys a few times. But it doesnt happen as much like it used to from 2k5
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
One other thing too. I know he is only one person, but Robert Brazile is way underrated in this game and should have more abilities than he does. He should have Pass Rush Bonus, Speed Burner, Big Hit, Quick Feet. The man was LT before LT came into the league. The problem is they did not record sacks as an official stat until he was almost out of the league. He was the pass rush OLB in Bum Phillip's 3-4 defense. He's a seven time pro-bowler for god's sake. He was going to the Pro Bowl and starting at OLB and Ham and Lambert were the ILB's. Come on man your peers and people around the league don't call you Dr. Doom for nothing.

Anyways here is some real football, it's great.

First play of the game Earl stuffed for a loss. Yeah he broke his facemask but still stuffed for a loss.

One decent run in this one and a fumbled hand off. What fumble? Earl never fumbles in 2k8.

Watch Willie Alexander on this one. That's how the CB's should play the deep zone. Don't turn your back and start running. Keep your eyes on the package. Also notice all the fronts that the Oilers are throwing at Pitt up front. They were in the base 3-4 Odd, they went to Under, Over, Eagle. Steelers running that Tilted Nose front.

To see the rest go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2IGw...elated&search=
Well, Brazile certainly plays big and fast and dangerous, despite the lack of stated attributes. I've used him on my squads, and I'd liken him to a guy like Bednarik who, while not having a long list of skills, plays like he's got them all. I don't know why they didn't give Brazile all of the abilities you suggest, but he plays like a monster, at least in my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »