Home

2K DEVS please patch the PS3 online play to turn off Sixaxis

This is a discussion on 2K DEVS please patch the PS3 online play to turn off Sixaxis within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
2K DEVS please patch the PS3 online play to turn off Sixaxis

Me and alot of PS3 users online are really frustrated with the running game online because there basically is none. This needs to be addressed because your forcing the sixaxis capability on us and its terrible that when you break for a big run or a critical play that if you move your controller slightly that your runner will leap in the air. I lost 2 games last night because of this. This is a videogame, you shouldn't have to hold the controller like a statue to make sure the runner doesn't leap in the air and you don't want him to. Also having the sixaxis on makes the QB move and try to evade someone when you don't want him to when your trying to throw the ball sometimes. Most of the games I've played online nobody runs the ball that much, I don't think its because of lack of skill doing it. Its probably because there afraid there RB will leap in the air eventually if they run to much. I don't understand the devs would have the option to turn it down/off for offline play but not online? I'm not posting this for flame wars, or Buy a 360 comments. This game is only for 2 systems and they need to address problems on both, especially this PS3 one. I beat a guy the other night because he was about to score a TD to win the game but his RB leaped in the air with 2 seconds left in the game to lose the game. It didn't even feel right that I won because in all honesty he would have scored on that play. He messaged me later and said that this is annoying how 2k won't turn off the sixaxis for online play. Its getting to the point now that online is not fun anymore because of this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: 2K DEVS please patch the PS3 online play to turn off Sixaxis

Even if they create a PS3 patch dont expect it soon, apparantley 2k cant put patches on PSN. I dont understand why, they claim Sony is holding them back.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Me and alot of PS3 users online are really frustrated with the running game online because there basically is none. This needs to be addressed because your forcing the sixaxis capability on us and its terrible that when you break for a big run or a critical play that if you move your controller slightly that your runner will leap in the air. I lost 2 games last night because of this. This is a videogame, you shouldn't have to hold the controller like a statue to make sure the runner doesn't leap in the air and you don't want him to. Also having the sixaxis on makes the QB move and try to evade someone when you don't want him to when your trying to throw the ball sometimes. Most of the games I've played online nobody runs the ball that much, I don't think its because of lack of skill doing it. Its probably because there afraid there RB will leap in the air eventually if they run to much. I don't understand the devs would have the option to turn it down/off for offline play but not online? I'm not posting this for flame wars, or Buy a 360 comments. This game is only for 2 systems and they need to address problems on both, especially this PS3 one. I beat a guy the other night because he was about to score a TD to win the game but his RB leaped in the air with 2 seconds left in the game to lose the game. It didn't even feel right that I won because in all honesty he would have scored on that play. He messaged me later and said that this is annoying how 2k won't turn off the sixaxis for online play. Its getting to the point now that online is not fun anymore because of this problem.
My brother lost a game to me last night because he jumped inexplicably with OJ right before breaking to daylight. It was great for me, but not for him I've had it happen to me more than once as well, and I do think it significantly detracts from the gameplay.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

They need to do something to stop the ballcarrier from going into an unnecessary stiff arm animation when NOBODY is a round to stiff arm. This happens when you're on your way to the endzone and all it does it slow you down and cause defenders to catch up with you.

It is possible that 2K did this as a counter-measure to keep scoring down because there was an AI problem they couldn't resolve (possibly), but if not it's just a sloppy mistake.

I have the 360 version by the way.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

See what happens when you buy a PS3?

Seriously though they should have never had it on by default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

i dont know how much it will help since its not compleyely turning off the sixaxis
but theres a page in the options menu where you can turn down the sixaxis sensitivity
Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
Even if they create a PS3 patch dont expect it soon, apparantley 2k cant put patches on PSN. I dont understand why, they claim Sony is holding them back.
This is true. Sony will also not do what it takes to allow 2K's leagues to synch with its websites, thereby eliminating PC league websites for all 2K sports online leagues.

Reason #1 why I have not, and will not (till it's fixed), consider purchasing a PS3.

And BTW, PC websites for 2K online leagues still function fine for all 2K PS2 games.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Just trade it in for a 360

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »