Home

APF 2K8 (PS3) audio defect??

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 (PS3) audio defect?? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #9
Rookie

UNKATHEL68's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: APF 2K8 (PS3) audio defect??

I get a slight static sound and the end of some plays. It happens every game. I'm using an HDMI cable to the TV. I'm going to see if this happens when I switch to using the Component cable with L, R, Audio
Old 11-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKATHEL68
I get a slight static sound and the end of some plays. It happens every game. I'm using an HDMI cable to the TV. I'm going to see if this happens when I switch to using the Component cable with L, R, Audio
I wonder if there are good & bad copies of this game or some people are just oblivious to the problems. I picked up a 40gb PS3 & a new copy of the game this week and I've noticed all the problems that people have mentioned in this thread.

In the 3rd quarter of every game nearly every play ends with a bunch of scratching or popping sounds. For some reason I've only noticed this happening in the 3rd quarter. So far I've heard this in every Season game I've played as well as one exhibition game. The funny thing is that if I watch the replay I hear the same sound, but if I save the replay & watch it later the sound glitch doesn't happen then (I was hoping to post a replay file here as proof).

And I also notice the announcers & crowd noise skipping sometimes when the teams come to the LOS at the start of a play. Its not a huge deal but it does detract from the presentation & atmosphere a little bit.

Oh, and as for the static sounds -- I'm using component cable, so I don't think it matters whether you're using component or HDMI.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I remember the audio in NFL 2k5 being very sensitive to disc scratches. Especially in those breaks you mentioned - it would cause some gaps in the commentary. After I had the disc cleaned, the audio went back to normal. Fortunately I've had no problems in 2k8 yet, but I just thought I'd toss that out there.

Oh and I'm using HDMI. Prior to that, I was on an SDTV and still had no problems - well, with audio at least. The video portion clearly wasn't developed with standard def in mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #12
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I remember the audio in NFL 2k5 being very sensitive to disc scratches. Especially in those breaks you mentioned - it would cause some gaps in the commentary. After I had the disc cleaned, the audio went back to normal. Fortunately I've had no problems in 2k8 yet, but I just thought I'd toss that out there.

Oh and I'm using HDMI. Prior to that, I was on an SDTV and still had no problems - well, with audio at least. The video portion clearly wasn't developed with standard def in mind.
So you're playing the PS3 version? I appreciate the feedback, but this is a brand new scratch-free disc. Also, it seems pretty unlikely that a few of us are scratching the discs in exactly the same way to cause us to hear static at the end of plays in the 3rd quarter.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

No audio problems but I am having a issue with my replays cutting off. They start like they are going to run then stop. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
No audio problems but I am having a issue with my replays cutting off. They start like they are going to run then stop. Anyone else having this issue?
I think this happens when you play on fast
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #15
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
I think this happens when you play on fast
Hmmm I'll try on normal then,,,Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »