Home

Running back offensive styles

This is a discussion on Running back offensive styles within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Question Running back offensive styles

I play w/ Payton and Barry Sanders a lot and I have more success with Barry in a single back formation and Payton in a lead fullback.

Are their actually certain styles these players run out of better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Running back offensive styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
I play w/ Payton and Barry Sanders a lot and I have more success with Barry in a single back formation and Payton in a lead fullback.

Are their actually certain styles these players run out of better?
it would make sense as barry ran out of the run and shoot, and walter had matt suhey in front of him, so maybe 2k got that right as well, you gotta love this game
Old 09-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

It's the same with Emmitt, he best with a lead blocker out in front. I always pair him with Moose!!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

I have been experimenting with Alvin Harper at Tailback and Christian Okoye at fullback in my Joker (2 TEs and 1 WR) set and it has been working well...Harper is fast and has pretty good balance when he gets hit...I do this on my Notre Dame team...I wish Rocket Ismail didnt drop so many balls, otherwise he'd be my tailback (as he was in college, well, he was like Reggie Bush at Notre Dame: TB/WR/KR/)
Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Alvin Harper at tailback? Is there something I don't remember about his playing days in Dallas or his time at UT? Rocket, on a few plays, I could see, but Harper?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #6
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Alvin Harper at tailback? Is there something I don't remember about his playing days in Dallas or his time at UT? Rocket, on a few plays, I could see, but Harper?
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I better never see Harper at Tailback since he never played that position in Dallas or in Tampa Bay.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Well, just like the multi-position players thread, I seem to agree with you on this one SL. I think the online element has people looking for strange advantages that will produce money plays or something like that. Otherwise, I see no reason to try something like putting Harper at TB. No offense, biglami--it's your game, and I respect our right to differ in opinion on a matter such as this. I just prefer to go the route of historical precedent in these kinds of cases; it's a philosophical point of view that can be taken or left, but it's the one I hold nonetheless.

BTW, SL, I tried to challenge you this afternoon, and the person holding the controller said she was your daughter. That threw me off--I'd never let my kid play under my tag, but mine's just 2 1/2 yrs old, so she'd kill my already mediocre ranking
Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

I hear your guys' points...I know Harper never played TB, but many WRs and HBs move between HB/ WR...so depending on how literal of a historical perspective you wish to take will determine whether you will ever experiment with such plays...I have always felt that with playing WRs and CBs at CB/ Wr, HBs moving between WR etc, the game naturally takes into account the advantages/ disadvantages...for example, if u wanna put a guy like Harper at TB, you get a slight edge with his speed, but he doesnt break many tackles, so all u gotta do as a defender is breathe on him and he will fall...

same with playing speed CBs at WR- they may beat DBs deep, but can they catch? once in awhile...

I personally dont care what my opponent does- I recall in NFL 2K4, guys would rig up the BUF team since they had 3 WRs (Price, Moulds, Reed) and 2 Hbs (McGahee/ Henry) so that in Pro Set, Moulds was TE and McGahee was FB...

some people cry and moan about if not being sim or whatever, and I agree it isnt, but who cares? The guy is doing his HB a disservice by having a guys at TE and FB who cant block, so just throw a Nickel D in there and everything is evened out and no one needs to get their panties in a knot (i'm not sayin you guys are, but I kno back in the day every1 used to get all bent outta shape).

but i have always held a liberal view on what is "Sim"...as long as it can be justified by even a long stretch, and it isnt doin anything to glitch out the game, then I tolerate it, and that is evident when you look at my "Feedback given" quotient (I give out like 99.9% positive feedback- u have to really be outta hand for me to hit you with a neutral/ neg...but thats jut me)

Last edited by biglami; 09-03-2007 at 11:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »