Home

I think 2k8 will get a ton of sales around xmas

This is a discussion on I think 2k8 will get a ton of sales around xmas within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: do you agree
yes 9 16.36%
maybe 13 23.64%
no 33 60.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6
I think 2k8 will get a ton of sales around xmas

I bet they will sell a bunch of copies based off of all the glitches in madden. Not to mention at maddenmanias review they even said all pro is the most reallistic. I think alot of football fans waited on madden and are now getting more and more interested in 2k8. just my 2 cents..later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: I think 2k8 will get a ton of sales around xmas

Not only will it still be competing w/ madden and ncaa, it will also be still competing w/ halo 3, cod 4, live, 2k8, and ch2k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon9 Re: I think 2k8 will get a ton of sales around xmas

I think that if it is on shelves, it will sell. Unfortunately, it seems most retailers have sold out of it and are not re-ordering. Instead, they stack Madden 08 to the ceiling in one part of the store, while Madden 06 and Madden 07 fill the bargain bins as used titles. The price drop to $39.99 is likely to help quite a bit, especially for gift purchases... That is, as long as there isn't a Madden 08 pack-in Christmas Edition of the Xbox 360, of course.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 09-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm sure Madden will be discounted by Xmas as well, so I doubt the price advantage will be that big of a deal (maybe $29 vs. $39???). Plus December is at the tail end of the football season and people will be moving on to basketball and other titles by then. Finally, if your a type of gamer that can notice the types of glitches in these games, then chances are that you have already made your decision on the game for the year, because you probably take things more seriously than the casual guys. If you are that casual gamer, and without knowledge of either title, I think you choose the game with the NFL license.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 09-10-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sales of APF2K8 relative to Madden 08 will always be dismal, no matter the price point. I was just saying that in the months to come there will be more sales of APF2K8. There are some that predict instead that the very existence of Madden 08 procludes the possibility of any other sports franchise selling - at all. I disagree.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

I see no real reason APF 2k8 would suddenly start selling at Christmas at all. I vote "no".
Old 09-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

I voted no as well because I don't see this particular title doing any better or worse than other sports titles 5-6 months after their release. Some will pick it up for a change of pace, others because they are annoyed with flaws in the other football games. The Legends hook might get some that wouldn't pick up a second NFL game but it will also deter some who might have picked up a second NFL game but aren't interested in a fictional league. So it's really no different from other sports games, whether it's NHL, NBA, soccer, etc.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Seeing as you can already get this game for under $20 on Ebay...no I don't see it selling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »