Home

APF 2K9 Wishlist

This is a discussion on APF 2K9 Wishlist within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Wish list for the next APF2k

Yes, I just hope they don't say "with all these negative vibes about the game, we made this for the fans and they don't appreciate that we did not have to make a game period." I hope they just ignore the drama and make the game to the best of their ability. And not chuck it. That is my wish.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

I think the first wish on the list should be:

1. 2K makes another football game.

Right now, that doesn't look likely.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #35
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deion21
Yes, I just hope they don't say "with all these negative vibes about the game, we made this for the fans and they don't appreciate that we did not have to make a game period." I hope they just ignore the drama and make the game to the best of their ability. And not chuck it. That is my wish.
True. Still boggles my mind that Madden/NCAA are only held to the "fun/at least it got better" standard. Initially I felt they should make APF a one and done because I think it wasn't judged as the first year title it is (and far too much was expected of it given the obvious disadvantages). But imo there's too much potential for the title to be great right now, not upteen years into the future. I think with NaturalMotion announcing Backbreaker for next year, that sort of shows at least someone else thinks there's a market for NFL-alternative football games. I wouldn't blame 2K in the least for not pursuing another APF title, but it doesn't seem like it needs a lot to hit that next level. Being able to release earlier would help a lot also.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #36
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deion21
All I can say is that if they made the game for "us", the 2k faithful, then why didn't they come on these boards and the 2K boards and ask us what we wanted instead of giving us what they think we wanted.

They could have thrown up a poll saying we can go the generic route, the legend route, the highschool route, etc. What would you as the future customer prefer? How important is online vs. offline play? As far as customization goes, what do you consider most important?

Within a week, they would have had a direction in which to go that was decided up on by their loyalistsm who they claimed they are making the game for.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #37
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
All I can say is that if they made the game for "us", the 2k faithful, then why didn't they come on these boards and the 2K boards and ask us what we wanted instead of giving us what they think we wanted.

They could have thrown up a poll saying we can go the generic route, the legend route, the highschool route, etc. What would you as the future customer prefer? How important is online vs. offline play? As far as customization goes, what do you consider most important?

Within a week, they would have had a direction in which to go that was decided up on by their loyalistsm who they claimed they are making the game for.
Because it wasn't for the 2K faithful, it was for the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11

Seems like half the faithful bailed when the game wasn't what they wanted it to be. The forum crowds are far too fickle imo. While I have opinions, I'm not so pretentious in thinking I know how a developer should proceed on a project. If you would've asked 10 people in the forums what the game should be before the game was announced in Jan/Feb of this year, you would've probably gotten 10 different answers. No, they didn't nail every aspect of the game - but they shouldn't have had to.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 32

can we keep this thread to the ideas for a next APF2k.

Peace
Old 09-11-2007, 02:14 AM   #40
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's a question for the next "APF". When is a good date for release? Before MLB, or when Arena Football is released? When?

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »