Home

APF 2K9 Wishlist

This is a discussion on APF 2K9 Wishlist within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:35 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Lightbulb Re: Wish list for the next APF2k

Release on 11-25-2008, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. That way with proper advertising during pre-game, halftime and 2nd & 3rd quarters of NFL and/or college games beginning two weeks prior enough potential customers would be aware of the game's existence in time for the holiday shopping & giftgiving season. Madden 09 will be months old by then and anyone who wants it will have it already.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #42
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Wish list for the next APF2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Here's a question for the next "APF". When is a good date for release? Before MLB, or when Arena Football is released? When?

Arena Football is a non factor. For me the challenge is NCAA and Madden. You need to get it out before then and when football hype is high. They need to release it on NFL Draft Weekend and market the game as a pro game.

Quite frankly, they should do the game like NCAA. Use all the real numbers for the players and make the ratings accordingly for all 32 teams in the NFL. You just can't use the actual names or team names/uniforms/stadiums. EA uses player numbers for NCAA and have done the same thing in the past so I don't see the legal issue. People that think 2K will ever get the NFL license again need to give up on that dream and just piss the NFL off. They're the ones that wanted an exclusive license and are happy with it so just give the fans what they want and more importantly what they will pay for.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 4

i think they should take weekly prep and change all those things to do into drills we can actually perform minus a few here and there. enemies at the gate, pass mechanic, tire relay and such, should be able to be done by us.

practice squads
ability to offer incentives in contracts and such.
holdouts
adjust dline independent of lb's.

got some will post later.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #44
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

id like to see APF2k9
Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #45
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't want a 2k9, or a 2k10, or anything like that. Since this isn't an NFL game - we don't need a year attached to it. Let them take their time, and get everything working exactly like it's supposed to. Then, just release the game as.. I dunno... "2k Sports Ultimate Football" or something. No year, no annual releases. Just the best playing game they can come up with, with fully generic & customizable teams, players, etc. Patch any bugs & glitches, maybe have extra logos and stadiums on xbox live, and just let the game go until the next consoles come out. Having a new game every year is not always the best idea. Look at Madden, and how everyone seems to complain that each year there's a different issue. Fix one thing, break something else - remove a feature, add it back 2 years later, etc. No one's going to pay full price for a new game that really is nothing but a roster update. With a generic, customizable game, you don't need roster updates. They could aim for the best game possible, and not need to worry about putting out a sequel each year. The game would have a lot more time to turn itself in to a profit, and they'd just need to throw out a new commercial every few months to make sure people are aware the game exists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #46
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
Release on 11-25-2008, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. That way with proper advertising during pre-game, halftime and 2nd & 3rd quarters of NFL and/or college games beginning two weeks prior enough potential customers would be aware of the game's existence in time for the holiday shopping & giftgiving season. Madden 09 will be months old by then and anyone who wants it will have it already.

Red Ronin
I like it...on top of that, it would mean that the game would get an extra 5 months of development time (assuming they are working on it right now, which they probably aren't).
Old 09-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin

Red Ronin
Yeah, but I've already got one or two football games by then. What about the FLOOD of hyped games that are releasing by then? You know many developers/publishers wait until September and later to release the most anticipated games, which means money will be tight for most gamers. There won't be enough to take a chance on a game like APF 2K9, not when they have more choices then ever at that time of year.

Now, June is fairly quiet, and football gamers are eager to play a new football game or two. With few big releases to compete with, it gives APF 2K9 the best chance to sell.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #48
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Yeah, but I've already got one or two football games by then. What about the FLOOD of hyped games that are releasing by then? You know many developers/publishers wait until September and later to release the most anticipated games, which means money will be tight for most gamers. There won't be enough to take a chance on a game like APF 2K9, not when they have more choices then ever at that time of year.

Now, June is fairly quiet, and football gamers are eager to play a new football game or two. With few big releases to compete with, it gives APF 2K9 the best chance to sell.
My only conern with June is that it's already September and only 9-months away. I don't know if they can put in the effort needed in that short time span, especially with focus also going to the NBA 2K series. Unless they knew all along that there was going to be a next year and have already been going at things, it seems like we may not be able to get a full effort with the shortened time table that June would bring.

However, I do understand the importance of beating the competition from strictly a sales P.O.V, I just don't know how much content could be added.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »