Home

TakeTwo Financial Report: No APF sequel planned ATM

This is a discussion on TakeTwo Financial Report: No APF sequel planned ATM within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #9
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: TakeTwo Financial Report: No APF sequel planned ATM

They are planning a sequel:

Quote:
On the 2K Sports front, the publisher said the label will turn a profit for the first time in fiscal 2009, and addressed the future of its All-Pro Football franchise. Despite sluggish sales, Take-Two intends to ship it again next year, "although we are looking at it carefully." Specifically, the company is looking at different price points and release dates as potential ways to make it more successful than this year's installment.
Don't scare us like that! Change your title please!!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
What the hell do the expect when they don't promote their product? Did they think that a quality game at a huge discount three years ago was really enough to sell a game (with missing key features) at full price three years later. Alone, that precedent already seems to be setting them up for failure. It sucks for us, because it's like they didn't even give themselves a fair shot to succeed. While I really want the game next year, it's hard to feel sorry for a company that doesn't appear to want to help themselves.

You can just look back at the way things unfolded and realize that the game never had a chance:
-With a 3 year gap between this game and the last edition, they only spent 1 year on the game that was to be released on new sytems.
-They didn't release the game on old-gen systems at all.
-The last game, which was loaded with features, was sold at bargain basement prices and this game, which is missing a ton of standard features is not.
-The legends idea doesn't seem to appeal to everyone and can be considered a questionable direction from the game.
-There is basically no off-line lifespan for the game. Some key legends/hall of famers are missing.
-They released the game on the same date as another top selling sports game of the same genre.
-The game lacks basic customization and forces the user to play it in a very limited way.
-There was next to no marketing for this game, and it can be argued that the hip-hop legends probably weren't the best idea when trying to market to multiple demographics. The marketing was done very late in the development cycle and there was next to no hype for this game except for OS and 2K.
-I'm sure I'm missing some other stuff, but the point is that the game wasn't really ever in a position to succeed.

On top of that, do we know if the lisences/contracts that were signed by the legends were multi year deals or not? Seems like a big chunk of the cost would already be absorbed if they were multi-year deals and it would be much cheaper to make a second edition compared to the first game.

It's very frustrating to be a fan of this company. There is just almost too much frustration for occasional diamonds. Three years of waiting for a game and when they finally make it, they do it in a very questionable manner and it may be a one and done situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 30

I love the game, but when you sell a bare bones game at $60 and release it against NCAA, you deserve to fail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
They are planning a sequel:

Don't scare us like that! Change your title please!!
Where's that quote from, i used the find feature and read the release through before I posted it.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #13
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

So they are releasing the game?

I hope so.

If you just play offline, i can see it getting boring. But I cant stop playing this game online. Its just incredible once you get the feel for it.

ive played like 90 games online. Ive never even gotten close to that for any other sport game. Its like crack!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

quote is from gamespot.com......says they are going to ship it but find better price points and release dates to help....there is a GOD
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #15
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

What if there just talking about shipping more copies of 2k8?

If they were gonna make one they should have been working on it already.

sure hope
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
Actually, it might be stupid to create a sequel if this game won't yield a profit. After all of the other costs are factored in (and the total we can't be sure of), the word 'profit' sounds like a joke term considering the sales numbers.
Profits? You have to know costs before we can determine profits. We also have to know what type of sales expectation of TT. This game will sell more than College Hoops 2k series and more than their NHL series.

VC can control cost by having less legends and continue with a more generic game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »