Home

All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

This is a discussion on All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
more so than preference im speaking of player interaction and the level of gameplay mechanics the engine is capable of, and the old dreamcast engine is light years behind 2k5 and APF. I like NCAA this year, its fun and making strides, but its engine is still way behind in tangible areas that arent just a matter of taste. i dont want VC to scrap their engine till its no longer capable of encorporating the things they want to add to the game (natural mo for example) until then im just not understanding where the gameplay engine is lagging behind.
cosign, because it isn't. If anything it's ahead of where the other games are. Better passing. Better receiving. Better running. Better blocking. Better interaction. Better animations. Better sidelines and crowds/crowd reactions. The only places people might argue that Madden/NCAA are better is in the graphics, but if I think we were comparing apples to apples (both were allowed to use NFL teams, or neither) then I think even that wouldn't be a clearcut winner for NCAA/Madden. We shouldn't want change for change's sake. VC has improved the game significantly in each iteration since the Dreamcast days (imo), and I'd trust they'd know when it was time to implement something completely new if significant change was needed.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3
Exclamation Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

TeeDogg: I pretty much agree with you, but... The point isn't so much that the gameplay engine for all 2K football games is "behind" anyone ELSE... I think the problem is that NFL 2K on Dreamcast went SO FAR beyond (ahead of) anyone else with that generation of hardware that some may have expected their initial release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to have a similar bound in technology (above and beyond everyone else, including themselves). Why they had that expectation is truly beyond me really.

I had no such goal in mind, especially after the bogus pre-rendered commercial for Madden 06 proclaiming the arrival of NeXT GeN GAMEPLAY on Xbox 360. Then they produced a release on that system that was comparitively CRAP. APF2K8 is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be, considering the three year gap between football game releases from Visual Concepts.

I never expected for a moment Visual Concepts spent that entire time, nose to the grindstone, shedding blood, sweat and tears to hopefully "someday" be able to release another football game and prepare a new engine. Ridiculous. That costs money, time and resources that no company would have dedicated without the NFL license. Heck, EA Sports HAS the license exclusively and still didn't do it.

I really don't expect anyone to show viable football game technology that makes that LEAP before perhaps Fall 2009 on the current generation of hardware. It would have been cool if the JUMP could be made sooner, last year, this year... But such is life.

HUN-YA!

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 09-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
TeeDogg: I pretty much agree with you, but... The point isn't so much that the gameplay engine for all 2K football games is "behind" anyone ELSE... I think the problem is that NFL 2K on Dreamcast went SO FAR beyond (ahead of) anyone else with that generation of hardware that some may have expected their initial release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to have a similar bound in technology (above and beyond everyone else, including themselves). Why they had that expectation is truly beyond me really.

I had no such goal in mind, especially after the bogus pre-rendered commercial for Madden 06 proclaiming the arrival of NeXT GeN GAMEPLAY on Xbox 360. Then they produced a release on that system that was comparitively CRAP. APF2K8 is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be, considering the three year gap between football game releases from Visual Concepts.

I never expected for a moment Visual Concepts spent that entire time, nose to the grindstone, shedding blood, sweat and tears to hopefully "someday" be able to release another football game and prepare a new engine. Ridiculous. That costs money, time and resources that no company would have dedicated without the NFL license. Heck, EA Sports HAS the license exclusively and still didn't do it.

I really don't expect anyone to show viable football game technology that makes that LEAP before perhaps Fall 2009 on the current generation of hardware. It would have been cool if the JUMP could be made sooner, last year, this year... But such is life.

HUN-YA!

Red Ronin

well stated........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
cosign, because it isn't. If anything it's ahead of where the other games are. Better passing. Better receiving. Better running. Better blocking. Better interaction. Better animations. Better sidelines and crowds/crowd reactions. The only places people might argue that Madden/NCAA are better is in the graphics, but if I think we were comparing apples to apples (both were allowed to use NFL teams, or neither) then I think even that wouldn't be a clearcut winner for NCAA/Madden. We shouldn't want change for change's sake. VC has improved the game significantly in each iteration since the Dreamcast days (imo), and I'd trust they'd know when it was time to implement something completely new if significant change was needed.
when it comes to VC i fully trust their decisions when it comes to football and basketball games. and i feel their questionable decisions surrounding APF were tough calls that had to be made under the circumstances.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:32 PM   #77
Rookie

"when it comes to VC i fully trust their decisions when it comes to football and basketball games. and i feel their questionable decisions surrounding APF were tough calls that had to be made under the circumstances."

Agreed. Though I'm certain they had their reasons... Made a calculated risk and all... I wish I could have chimed in with a vote to NOT create a PS3 version though. I think the game would have been better in several ways had it been specific to the Xbox 360 instead (much as NFL2K was exclusive to Dreamcast initially).

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #78
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
"when it comes to VC i fully trust their decisions when it comes to football and basketball games. and i feel their questionable decisions surrounding APF were tough calls that had to be made under the circumstances."

Agreed. Though I'm certain they had their reasons... Made a calculated risk and all... I wish I could have chimed in with a vote to NOT create a PS3Xbox 360 instead version though. I think the game would have been better in several ways had it been specific to the (much as NFL2K was exclusive to Dreamcast initially).

Red Ronin

Wouldn't that have cost them sales though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #79
Rookie

Lightbulb Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

I think it cost them more in production costs than they ever made in sales to begin with. It was a calculated risk though... They felt a need to put SOMETHING on PS3, just in case it ends up being a sales success down the road. No use making sure Sony is PO'd at them from the jump, right? Yeah, I'm selfish. I only care about ME. The Xbox 360 version would have had more funding for staff to do testing and implementation and thereby would have delivered a better, more complete product if not for what was dedicated to PS3 development instead. That's all I'm sayin... The budget and staff for the project was set, then split between platforms. I would have preferred a focus on my own console of choice.

Red Ronin

Old 09-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
I think it cost them more in production costs than they ever made in sales to begin with. It was a calculated risk though... They felt a need to put SOMETHING on PS3, just in case it ends up being a sales success down the road. No use making sure Sony is PO'd at them from the jump, right? Yeah, I'm selfish. I only care about ME. The Xbox 360 version would have had more funding for staff to do testing and implementation and thereby would have delivered a better, more complete product if not for what was dedicated to PS3 development instead. That's all I'm sayin... The budget and staff for the project was set, then split between platforms. I would have preferred a focus on my own console of choice.

Red Ronin
I agree with you. put more resources into the game, then focus next year on the PS3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »