Home

All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

This is a discussion on All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Main points to address:

Drop the legends. Use the money you were going to pay them to bring the price down. $49.99 is fair.

Make it more customizable so people can add their own legends if they want Or current NFL players for that matter. This includes customizable stadiums, helmets, uniforms, stadium music, etc.

Add a franchise mode. Not having this turned off a lot of gamers this time around.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Why do people still not grasp that you can't have a fully customizable game? 2k cannot make a game that allows you to recreate the NFL. It's illegal, get over it.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #51
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disasterpiece
Why do people still not grasp that you can't have a fully customizable game? 2k cannot make a game that allows you to recreate the NFL. It's illegal, get over it.
I don't think it's illegal, Konami does the same thing with it's soccer title against FIFA. It's totally customizable. I think it's more of 2K tryong to stay in good graces with the NFL so they can take a shot at the license.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #52
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I hope we just aren't reading it wrong, as the article says they'll "ship it again next year."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disasterpiece

it's hardly illegal, however 2k obviously wants to tread carefully in some sad attempt to stay in the NFL's good graces to possibly bid for the exclusive license, if it ever even opens up again. It's not like the NFL logos and player faces will be in there, so they can get by with allowing users to make 100% accurate rosters and close enough jerseys.

You can also argue that taking out the legends and making it fully customizable would make it sell even less, due to the small niche market that would actually use a game like this to fully recreate the NFL. The legends were a marketing tool to sell a new game to gamers, as 2k fans most likely already made their minds up to get 2k8 when it came out.

They have a great game already, so now they just need to dress it up and market it a hell of a lot better han they did. They also have to do something other than APF 2k9 "more legends part deux". Why buy a new game if it'll be the same content as the previous year's?

Oh wait..

Last edited by bkfount; 09-11-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad360
I don't think it's illegal, Konami does the same thing with it's soccer title against FIFA. It's totally customizable. I think it's more of 2K tryong to stay in good graces with the NFL so they can take a shot at the license.
Based on what they said in the GI interview I think that's only a small part of it. I think they really wanted to make a game that would stand on it's own, which is why they wanted people to just play the game before making snap judgements on the game's worth based on whether they could recreate the NFL. There's really only a small subset of gamers that would take the time to customize the game in that manner, even if it were available - and I'm saying that with 7 of my 8 created teams closely mirroring existing NFL teams, past or present. It doesn't make sense to open themselves to litigation for so little return. The NFL is an extremely litigious entity and has shown they'll work hard to protect their brand. Every year they seem to be getting more and more greedy. Even if the charge is baseless, it costs money to have to defend yourself. It's an unnecessary hassle.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

"Even if the charge is baseless, it costs money to have to defend yourself. It's an unnecessary hassle."
Precisely.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 09-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully 2K realizes that they'd need to do more than change the release date and price point. There are so many other needs areas needing to be addressed also.

I hear people say stuff like "it only needs a few things." I love the optimism of that. But it needs A LOT of things before we can even call this more than an overpriced demo which is what 2K8 is.

I'm not even anticipating another 2K Football game. If it happens, great. If not, whatever. At this point, the only reason I'd even want to see them come back is to redeem themselves, but I have this feeling that 2K has just lost their touch, losing the NFL license really deflated them, and it wouldn't have mattered how long they had to work on the game they still would've screwed it up. Some teams just don't handle adversity well and 2K has proven that they are one of those teeams.

Yet you play madden. So how long have you been holding your breath for that game to get better? What color shade of blue is your face by now? And exactly what touch does ea have that keeps you purchasing that game? Some teams don't handle success well either. And some gamers don't know the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #56
All Star

OVR: 13

Yeah, I hope they come back with a beefed-up effort next year (or the year after). I can see greatness in the game, but it's not up to snuff in its current form. Like Mulder, I want to believe...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »