Home

All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

This is a discussion on All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:18 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I'm sure when they called NFL 2k5 well... NFL 2k5 ... they planned on having a 2k6, but that didn't happen. Don't base it on something so meaningless... If they don't make enough money - they'll cancel a game...
You know I am right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #66
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: All pro Football 2K9 will be a reality!!! Natural motion a possible reality?

Great News
Old 09-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I'm sure when they called NFL 2k5 well... NFL 2k5 ... they planned on having a 2k6, but that didn't happen. Don't base it on something so meaningless... If they don't make enough money - they'll cancel a game...
No actually they didn't. They new about the licensing agreement way before the game was released. Like May of '05 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
2K will aquire the rights to the NFL before EA ever changes Madden's decade-old game engine, LOL.
That's pretty funny considering APF's engine is from the NFL2K and the Dreamcast days. LOL
Old 09-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
That's pretty funny considering APF's engine is from the NFL2K and the Dreamcast days. LOL
it is? wow i dont remeber the engine being near this complex on the dreamcast. and i played em all. and even if it was technicaly the same engine it as the most advanced interactions and gameplay to date.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
They should just get away from the whole pro football format all together and focus on high school football. I don't think high school football has been done since 10 yard fight on the NES. They make the game completely customizable. You take full range of your team. Since it's high school, there's no recruiting. Just hold tryouts. Maybe start off at like a single A school and coach your way up to 4 and 5 A. High school football is HUGE in some parts of the country, especially where I live: The Vick Brothers, Ronald Curry, Plaxico Burress, D'angelo Hall, Lawrence Taylor, Aaron Brooks...all played high school football in my area.
That could be a good idea. Without all the memory sucking pro stadiums you could really put a crapload of teams on the national landscape with full on state playoff systems at all levels.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
it is? wow i dont remeber the engine being near this complex on the dreamcast. and i played em all. and even if it was technicaly the same engine it as the most advanced interactions and gameplay to date.
That's your opinion about the gameplay. I find it to be stale at this point. Of course it's different than 2K on dreamcast, it went through 5+ years of tweaking and refinement before it became 2K5. And now it's had 8+ years of the same effort now that it's APF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
That's your opinion about the gameplay. I find it to be stale at this point. Of course it's different than 2K on dreamcast, it went through 5+ years of tweaking and refinement before it became 2K5. And now it's had 8+ years of the same effort now that it's APF.
more so than preference im speaking of player interaction and the level of gameplay mechanics the engine is capable of, and the old dreamcast engine is light years behind 2k5 and APF. I like NCAA this year, its fun and making strides, but its engine is still way behind in tangible areas that arent just a matter of taste. i dont want VC to scrap their engine till its no longer capable of encorporating the things they want to add to the game (natural mo for example) until then im just not understanding where the gameplay engine is lagging behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »