Home

Anyone feeling like I did with 2k5?

This is a discussion on Anyone feeling like I did with 2k5? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2007, 11:33 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone feeling like I did with 2k5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I think you missed my point. I am happy that I don't dominate the CPU. I have no desire to improve at video games. I express my competitive energies in other endevors. Video games for me are a 1-2 hour escape each day where I can somewhat imagine that I am playing in the NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA etc. By remaining a mediocre player, the games stay realistic for me.

Understood.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 11:39 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Dude, he said he sucked. I gave a reason why I think he said that about himself. If you beg to differ you need to take that up with him.
Ok, "Sucked" was probably a little bit of writer's embelishment. I have played video games since Atari, so I am a competent player. But some of the people here at OS really impress me with their knowledge of both the real sport (like LBRules...wow that dude knows alot) and the in's and out's of the video game.

I should also mention that I am 37 now and none of my friends play video games anymore. If I was still in college, I would probably play with alot more "focus"....However we only had Tecmo back then.....Tough to "Lab" with that one. LOL.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:38 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I like this game the more I play it, but that's just my opinion. I think the gameplay varies a nice amount from game to game, which allows it not to feel stale. Most of my games are online, and with my Raiders team, Willie Brown will have games where he gets four picks, and he'll have games where he gives up six catches to a bronze receiver. Offline, I sitll find the CPU a challenge, despite the fact that I have picked up on some of its tendencies (like blitzing corners on third and long--anyone noticed this? it happens with annoying regularity, but is one of the few things I don't like about the AI).

With 240 or so players, I still feel like I have tons of exploring to do in terms of getting to know individual players and their strengths--not all of them are advertised, I find. And I also feel like I have lots of learning to do when it comes to executing plays and getting the stickwork down. I don't even use the R-stick juke moves yet, mostly because I've hardly mastered running at the proper speed, learning to cutback, and working in an occasional stiffarm, spin, or regular juke.

I also feel like I'm still seeing new animations, which is amazing given how many games I've played. I decided to try out a team with James Lofton on it, and I saw him to an acrobatic catch on a poorly thrown deep ball that I hadn't seen anyone else do in the game, not even guys with similar attributes at lower tiers.

Anyway, i just feel like there's still lots under the hood to explore so to speak, though I do acknowledge that there are some things that could be tweaked in next year's version to make the game better.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Just curious...

This game is starting to feel a lot like 2k5. At first it's awesome - it's just got so much to it... Then the more I play, the more the little things start to show themselves... As I continue to play - some of those little things become rather big - and before I know it, the flaws are just too much to really be able to have fun with it anymore.

I really loved the game at first - but the more I play it, the less I want to play it... Like with 2k5 - the issue is mostly the AI - there are just some really big flaws that really hurt the gameplay - especially on the defensive side.
Its the CPU man. I imagine any game would suffer the same fate if you played it long enough.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 17

i wasn't even past the first two series in my first game before I realized just how similar this game is to 2K5. I loved 2K5, but at this point i've had enough of it and want something new. No ports next time around. The only time porting from last gen to next gen might be acceptable is at a system's launch. After that it's inexcusable.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only thing I DON'T enjoy about APF2K8 is the fact my Roster file has been corrupted AGAIN. I finally had my teams exactly as I wanted, now they are all gone, except for my saved Seasons. But I have to create the teams all over again to play online pickup games. That is really, truly sad. I hope this doesn't continue to happen every week.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 09-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

2K8 is a nice try and is fun to play more often than not, but the sheer stupidity of the concept design will always keep it behind 2K5. Not that 2K5 was perfect (although I feel it is the greatest football game of all time), but at least in 2K5 I could play my created teams vs. my other created teams, lol... like I said, sheer stupidity in the concept design for 2K8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
2K8 is a nice try and is fun to play more often than not, but the sheer stupidity of the concept design will always keep it behind 2K5. Not that 2K5 was perfect (although I feel it is the greatest football game of all time), but at least in 2K5 I could play my created teams vs. my other created teams, lol... like I said, sheer stupidity in the concept design for 2K8.
Sometimes it's just time to move on

How about them hockey games that came out this week, eh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »