Home

If Eddie George, Steve McNair, and Jerome Bettis were legends in this game...

This is a discussion on If Eddie George, Steve McNair, and Jerome Bettis were legends in this game... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: If Eddie George, Steve McNair, and Jerome Bettis were legends in this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Nahhh George would be better than Bronze. Look at the backs in Bronze and Silver. George better than alot of the silver's in the game career stat wise. Put him at Bronze and if VC just brought him back the way he was in 2k4 and it would be a damn travesty. And they would too since that was the height of his career. Height of his career George is silver.
You're probably right. I always thought George was somewhat overrated, myself. Despite his dominating presence in 2K4 lol. He was definitely a workhorse, and I guess given the other RBs at bronze he deserves to be a silver (temporarily forgot that the legends in the game aren't actually all legends)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-18-2007, 01:19 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: If Eddie George, Steve McNair, and Jerome Bettis were legends in this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yeah but if we go by how they used to be as a part of VC's engine, George = Platinum.
All backs from 2K4 were Earl Campbell
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

"All the restaurants are Taco Bell now..." - DEMOLITION MAN

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2007, 02:19 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

I'd go Silver for McNair and Eddie George, and Bronze for Bettis (based on his career rushing average). Granted, Bettis would be a high-end Bronze RB, and probably quite a bargain.

BTW, anyone know who the "newest" legendary player is in APF 2K8? I mean the guy retired for the least amount of time? I think of guys like Terrel Davis of the Broncos and Jamal Anderson for the Falcons.. and it doesn't seem they've been out of the league for THAT many years. Should VC be waiting for about five years, to look back on the career of a player with LESS emotional involvement?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 AM   #13
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
I'd go Silver for McNair and Eddie George, and Bronze for Bettis (based on his career rushing average). Granted, Bettis would be a high-end Bronze RB, and probably quite a bargain.

BTW, anyone know who the "newest" legendary player is in APF 2K8? I mean the guy retired for the least amount of time? I think of guys like Terrel Davis of the Broncos and Jamal Anderson for the Falcons.. and it doesn't seem they've been out of the league for THAT many years. Should VC be waiting for about five years, to look back on the career of a player with LESS emotional involvement?

Most recent players at each level:

Gold: Emmit Smith (2004) Jerry Rice (2004)

Silver: Herman Moore (2002) Richmond Webb (2002)

Bronze: Neil O'Donnell (2003)
Old 09-18-2007, 04:05 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's hard to argue against those golds. The guys are both first ballot hall of famers. Rice as possibly the best WR ever, Smith as the lynchpin of one of the most dominant teams in recent memory and the record-holder for the most rushing yards.

If you want to talk about players who should eventually be in the game, I have to mention Devin Hester. The man has as many returns for a TD in 18 games as Gayle Sayers had in his entire career.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

How long ago did Sterling Sharpe retire? ...And how is it they were able to sign him, but not his brother? At first, I thought that Shannon Sharpe, Marshall Faulk and a couple of other guys were missing because they work for the NFL Network... But Rod Woodson works for them too, and he's in the game...

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
How long ago did Sterling Sharpe retire? ...And how is it they were able to sign him, but not his brother? At first, I thought that Shannon Sharpe, Marshall Faulk and a couple of other guys were missing because they work for the NFL Network... But Rod Woodson works for them too, and he's in the game...

Red Ronin
Sterling would be a good candidate, Shannon is already in the game though. Faulk, Dorsett, Dickerson, and Curtis Martin would all be gold backs. Art Monk and Cris Carter could add to the gold WR lineup, Clayton and Duper could help bolster the silver lineup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »