Home

If you had a choice, which would you prefer for the next 2K football game?

This is a discussion on If you had a choice, which would you prefer for the next 2K football game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which would you prefer for the next 2K football game?
A game base on legends like 2K8, with more features/modes 61 32.80%
A completely customizable, generic game similar to Winning Eleven 125 67.20%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #49
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: If you had a choice, which would you prefer for the next 2K football game?

I still think the problem w/the generics is the general public being able to identify with them as individuals. Does fully customizable mean I can place fake-Ladanian/fake-Brady/fake-Merriman/fake-Bob Sanders on the same team and take it online, name them different names and take advantage of people that don't know what they're up against? There has to be some control to maintain competitve balance imo. And it needs to be understood that VC has a fine line to walk to try to maintain it.

I see most people in these forums want a fully customizable game. I want more customization myself. But if people want VC to switch their focus to a NFL-lookalike, but allow full customization so people can do whatever they want, how can they possibly account for all the variables people will throw at the game if they're allowed to? It took a day for someone to create a 7ft+WR w/speed and whatever other attributes w/APF - and that's a game that had many restrictions.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't have time to make every team in the nfl.

Give me more legends. More features. And better AI. And then you can take my 60$
Old 10-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #51
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I still think the problem w/the generics is the general public being able to identify with them as individuals. Does fully customizable mean I can place fake-Ladanian/fake-Brady/fake-Merriman/fake-Bob Sanders on the same team and take it online, name them different names and take advantage of people that don't know what they're up against? There has to be some control to maintain competitve balance imo. And it needs to be understood that VC has a fine line to walk to try to maintain it.

I see most people in these forums want a fully customizable game. I want more customization myself. But if people want VC to switch their focus to a NFL-lookalike, but allow full customization so people can do whatever they want, how can they possibly account for all the variables people will throw at the game if they're allowed to? It took a day for someone to create a 7ft+WR w/speed and whatever other attributes w/APF - and that's a game that had many restrictions.
I definitely agree that 2K would have to put up some sort of restrictions for online play, and I think they realized that this year with APF and people creating 7 footers, etc. Maybe you would have restrictions on height/weight combinations for certain positions so that at each height given to each position, there is a weight range that you can select from.

Maybe you have seperate online and off line teams where you can do whatever you wan to the offline team, but the online team has to meet certain specifications to keep the players realistic and the teams as even as possible.

Obviously, some time and thought would have to be put in to keep things as fair as possible, but I think it could be done. I guess it takes away from "Fully Customizable" if you can't create a 7'4 WR who has 4.2 speed, but I think most people would realize that it's for the good of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

It looks as though the recent update gave Administrators the option to choose if created players are allowed in League or Tournament play. I haven't checked yet to see if you can set that option for Custom Lobby games or not.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »