Home

New Dodge Caravan & AllproFootball…

This is a discussion on New Dodge Caravan & AllproFootball… within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12
New Dodge Caravan & AllproFootball…

So I’m watching the 9ers get spanked by Seahawks… and this new Dodge Caravan commercial comes on…. The premise is family members in the house doing their (individual) thing: girl on phone, boy playing and teen playing AllProFootball…..!!!! Then the Mom drives up in the new Van blows the horn, they all stop what they’re doing to go for a drive…. The thing that made this obvious was when the horn blew, the teen paused the video game, and the ALL PRO FOOTBALL logo was clear… the fact is when you normally pause this game while in play… this logo should not appear…. That’s why I believe it was deliberate…..

I can't believe this was a mistake… there are thousands of videos to display… I’m glad I caught this… it was more than obvious…. Maybe there’s still hope for a bright future for All Pro and 2K marketing during NFL games …..

Last edited by xrams; 10-01-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Dodge Caravan & AllproFootball…

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
So I’m watching the 9ers get spanked by Seahawks… and this new Dodge Caravan commercial comes on…. The premise is family members in the house doing their (individual) thing: girl on phone, boy playing and teen playing AllProFootball…..!!!! Then the Mom drives up in the new Van blows the horn, they all stop what they’re doing to go for a drive…. The thing that made this obvious was when the horn blew, the teen paused the video game, and the ALL PRO FOOTBALL logo was clear… the fact is when you normally pause this game while in play… this logo should not appear…. That’s why I believe it was deliberate…..

I can believe this was a mistake… there are thousands of videos to display… I’m glad I caught this… it was more than obvious…. Maybe there’s still hope for a bright future for All Pro and 2K marketing during NFL games …..
lol, by putting their game in a dodge caravan commercial?

Old 09-30-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
lol, by putting their game in a dodge caravan commercial?

yes I know... it's like nothing really... I mean, I don't think any1 would have noticed this but me... only b/c I do like watching commercials... however, it is and effort.. eventho microscopic.....

Old 09-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think it'll help any. I'd say most people that even notice that at all are just going to assume it's a fake game, made up just for the commercial.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
yes I know... it's like nothing really... I mean, I don't think any1 would have noticed this but me... only b/c I do like watching commercials... however, it is and effort.. eventho microscopic.....
I'm not laughing at you for noticing it, good eye really. It's just a laughable way to try to market a game that is honestly worthy of better. It's almost wasting money for little to no reason.

This was like that Rundown movie with the Rock using XFL footage, or most commercials with football footage using the USFL. They might have just wanted a football game there and APF2k8 was cheap to use.

Last edited by bkfount; 09-30-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

I can believe this was a mistake… there are thousands of videos to display… I’m glad I caught this… it was more than obvious…. Maybe there’s still hope for a bright future for All Pro and 2K marketing during NFL games …..
I was watching the lions/bears game and I saw the same commercial on the break. The all pro logo was very clear. I thought I was the olny one who noticed it.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Not to piss on anyones parade, but why is this a big deal? I could some what understand if this was about 2 months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Coincidink