Home

Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

This is a discussion on Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #73
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
See this is where football games should have been year 2 on the NG consoles IMO or at least somebody maybe could have used Unreal 3 - don't know what that would be like but it's something new and different. Year 3, this year, should have simply been polishing the engine and adding features. But it is what it is.
True,

also they have that black college game using the unreal engine coming not next month.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #74
All Star

OVR: 21

I don't think there's much incentive for innovation because the football market is stifled by EA essentially locking it down. We're seeing games like Backbreaker and APF (and maybe Tecmo Bowl) pop up, but it's not like it's anywhere close to a level playing field. We've repeatedly shown the NFL shield seems to factor more importantly in purchasing decisions than the quality of the game or how much a product has innovated. If gamers weren't so accepting, then I think the landscape would be different

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #75
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

I think there needs to be a innovation gaming breakthrough and media revival.... something so new that it would make playing madden seem like buying new car with white wall tires..... a game sooo different (but yet the same) it even trumps the NFL's pull.....

the new GameBreakers could give us that.... but as with all things a massive marketing campaign is paramount.... word of mouth is fine in most cases.... but, competing with madden is another affair.....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #76
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
I think there needs to be a innovation gaming breakthrough and media revival.... something so new that it would make playing madden seem like buying new car with white wall tires..... a game sooo different (but yet the same) it even trumps the NFL's pull.....

the new GameBreakers could give us that.... but as with all things a massive marketing campaign is paramount.... word of mouth is fine in most cases.... but, competing with madden is another affair.....
I'm thinking it'll be Blitz-like given their rhetoric so far. They have that one "hook", that being the tackles - when it should really be about the player interaction in general. EA seemed to do the same thing; they listened to the gang tackle/double team blocking keywords people were using when describing what their engine was lacking, then seemingly focused on those aspects alone without taking into account other less marketable factors that make for a great game. Something APF did a much better job at, but was dogged because it couldn't be everything to everybody. I do think the title has a chance though; I've heard my friends talking about looking forward to it. But again I think the attraction is Blitz-like, because there aren't a ton of expectations being placed on the game to deliver a certain experience

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 17

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Backbreaker is bought and absorbed into some other game before it ever sees the light of day. And that Black College game looks awfully arcadish. The Unreal engine wasn't designed for sports games.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Backbreaker is bought and absorbed into some other game before it ever sees the light of day. And that Black College game looks awfully arcadish. The Unreal engine wasn't designed for sports games.
How do you know the Unreal Engine isnt designed for sports game?

The engine is a graphic engine and it also has its own physics engine.

All engines can be used for sports games. They just need to incorporate the AI programming.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

Not me, I love the game! I am actually trying to play through a season now and see what achievements I can open up along the way. I have been busy for several weeks, and the game is really calling me!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 19

marxx man get online so i can whoop yea some more

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »