Home

Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

This is a discussion on Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Are you Getting Bored With APF2K8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Every time I start to have faith in the game I play someone that makes me realize nope. Too many damn money routes and the pressure is way too slow, signal steal every play, stupid cadence BS that you cannot control. Played 3 games online last night, won 2, lost one all exercises in frustration defensively. Game 1 I win 27-7. I had 7 sacks and 4 INT's but the best part of this game we hurt Cunningham at the end of the 1st quarter and he didn't come back the rest of the game. Good Riddance LOL. Frustration = animation system over physics system. This game should have been a shutout. 4th and goal on the 4 he runs up the middle with a generic FB. I read it and get in with Mecklenberg. I hit him on the 4 yard line. Animation system rather than physics take over and his FB does the struggle animation, falling forward and drags Mecklenberg into the endzone. I was hot. Why can I not be rewarded for reading the play. Don't let animations take over and negate a good read.

Game #2 OMG this made me ask myself, "self, why do you play this game?" Johnny Unitas, Herman Moore, Andre Reed, Ben Coates. Very ugly game. Post route, Post Route, Post Route, Post Route, Corner Route, Post, Post, Post, Out, Out Out, Post, Post Post. Me, 3 Strong, 3 Weak, Cover 4, 2 Soft, 2 Bump, Inside Blaze, Strong Blast 3, Weak Blast 3, Combo Inside, give up can't you see the post route is killing you, coverage shell, out route, damn WTF to do here manually cover Moore's side, hot route get post on both sides, backside post to Reed, damn hmmmm Dime, Prevent, nope still getting it. Anyways, Herman Moore tore Lem Barney a new one, 15 catches for like 311 yards. Could not get any pressure, couldn't run the same defenses over and over because he was signal stealing every damn play.

Game #3 Ughhh Overtime win but James Lofton and Barry Sanders pissed me off and not because it was legit stuff they were doing. 3rd and 23 I got pressure on Cunningham and he is rolling backwards throws up a prayer to Lofton and the ball sails in a sea of Maroon jersey's the game makes the guy I control do a dumb animation instead of intercepting it then Lofton leaps up in between three other guys and comes down with the conversion. Then here comes Barry Sanders the POWER BACK, bowling over Mecklenberg and Banks. Yes he bowled them over, no juking to make them miss, just runs right through them. Anyways I was like this will be one of those frigging games where it's going to be score trades. Although I did get 4 sacks and 3 INT's this game and I scored on every offensive series except for the first one the game ended up going into overtime off a BS play. Last play of regulation he is at his 40. I call Prevent Man off 3 and back everyone up. He runs some crossing route to Lofton all the way across the field, everyone is in position to defend the play.

I get there early and just wait on the ball. Lofton gets out in front of the corner in man but me and the other Safety are there. I go to defend the pass and it makes my guy do some wuss animation. He barely even came off the ground and didn't even get his hands up, Lofton dives over and catches it so now it is overtime. The other Safety just stood there in amazement. He gets the ball first in OT and I was like ehhh great. First play sack, second play overthrown pass, 3rd play overthrown pass. He was going to go for it but it was from his own 33 so he punted. I ended up getting a touchdown with Emmit and winning but it was a game that should have been over with. He constantly picked up 3rd and longs. There was an old saying in the Madden games, "Third and long is just like 1st and 10 to these guys" or something like that LOL. It's true with this game. You are better off in 3rd and long than short. I've had my share of 3rd and long conversions.

I say all that and welp, I'm going to practice mode to try to find another blitz.
At least you were getting pressure on the qb. There will always be cheese. It seem like your blitz package is coming along. Do you play man/zone combos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
I feel ur pain brotha, i had a game yesterday were i had reggie white on one side and lee roy selmon on the other , on my team that is. So i play this guy who has Herman Moore,Ben Coates,Alvin Haper and Andre Reed, and Marino at QB and Megget at RB. So i knew what was coming,lol. Im like ok i should at least pressure him into some bad throws and sack him a few times. But what happens, his generic Oline are holding White and Selmon in check for the most part, wtf!!! And the few times i did make him force a bad throw my Db's len Barney and Lester Hays would drop the int right in their hands.
biggest problem right there
GOLD Dline = streaky
and even when u call good coverage, they drop all your turnovers
Old 10-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I have to admit that I would be playing it more with a franchise mode.
Yes!

NFL2k5 franchise mode was fun.

They need to incorporate something similar.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
At least you were getting pressure on the qb. There will always be cheese. It seem like your blitz package is coming along. Do you play man/zone combos.
Right now nothing but zones. Too scared to run man blitzes right now. And I have the secondary personnel to do it but scared to death to do it.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:25 AM   #45
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I love the game, but having only 8 teams kills me. I play mostly when my friends come over, so there's not a lot of variation with who we can pick. I'll probably have to pick up Madden at some point just to mix it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Last night was a prime example of what makes me mad about the game. I ran a blitz, Carson goes right up the middle untouched. He takes the 90 step drop back, why does Carson allow him to throw the pass. He was right on him and because his arm moves Carson just stops and does some kinda pause/strafe. He gets the pass off. It was a short pass but it turned into a TD gainer.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The super dropback kills me. People who do it with Cunningham basically negate the presence of legends up front. I've had to turn to an loaded secondary and rely on getting breakups and picks to stop that kind of offense. It's a crying shame, though.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The super dropback kills me. People who do it with Cunningham basically negate the presence of legends up front. I've had to turn to an loaded secondary and rely on getting breakups and picks to stop that kind of offense. It's a crying shame, though.
I hate that mess too. The biggest question I have had for years for both 2k and Madden/NCAA is, how does a QB dropping back outrun a defender running downhill. They need better foot planting tech so that you drop back but if you want to run right, left or straight back the player has to turn completely. But if a defender is running down the pipe free there is no way you are going to out run him going backwards. There are a couple of solutions IMO. Foot planting tech/ movement physics or, those defenders coming in need to time it and move faster or a combination of both. I think VC did movement physics this year and for the most part they are great in my eyes although defensively it feels a little loose. They can just tighten the movement physics and then have those blitzing defenders time their rush and move alot faster. No way some of these guys should be getting the ball off. Combine that with some new collision/tackling physics and I'll be happy with that part of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »