Home

APF2k9 is confirmed

This is a discussion on APF2k9 is confirmed within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: APF2k9 is confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
It will be interesting to see what new contracts they will get able to get. I hope we can get more then 11 stars per team. Hopefully we can field at least 22 players per team. Cant wait.
I think the balance of stars is perfect right now. 11 is a good number. At 11 per team we already have more legends than any NFL team in history. How many teams can you say have had that many Legendary players playing at any one given time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I think the balance of stars is perfect right now. 11 is a good number. At 11 per team we already have more legends than any NFL team in history. How many teams can you say have had that many Legendary players playing at any one given time?
yeah but alot of those guys aren't legends they are simply retired players. I mean Eric Bienemy isn't a Legend. Yancy Thigpen isn't a Legend, Cliff Branch, Alvin Harper ect. Alot of them are not Legends, but they are retired players. Some of them were great, others were good, others fads, others plain sucked.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
yeah but alot of those guys aren't legends they are simply retired players. I mean Eric Bienemy isn't a Legend. Yancy Thigpen isn't a Legend, Cliff Branch, Alvin Harper ect. Alot of them are not Legends, but they are retired players. Some of them were great, others were good, others fads, others plain sucked.
True, that being said however we can agree that the golds (for sure) and the silvers (for the most part) are all legends. So thats 5 right there and that's still more than any NFL team had at one time.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #28
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
True, that being said however we can agree that the golds (for sure) and the silvers (for the most part) are all legends. So thats 5 right there and that's still more than any NFL team had at one time.
Good points...I'd at least like them to give generics an ability so that at least they have some sort of identity/characteristic of how they play. If your chaning teams and mixes of legends, it's almost impossible to know what kind of players your other guys are. You don't know if your other WR is a speed-burner, a hands guy, etc..it'd be nice to know, since they are constantly changing...plus there aren't too many professional football players that aren't good at at least one thing. And if there is, then make one of the abilities ":Mr. Average" and you would know that your players is decent all around, but nothing special.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Thats why this is a Video game. If everyone's better then you wont really notice it. I love 2k8, but i want to field a team with all former Pro players. i am not saying give me 20 gold star players.

I have no idea how they are going to do it, but regardless of how they do it, its a first day buy for me.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
Actually catch22.... It was a very informative pod cast.... I learned something.... good find kcxiv, any1 playing 2k8 would know that game was unfinished... I hope they add 32 teams and a chise.....
EA fanboy! APF2K8 is the most perfect representation of pro football in the history of the universe! Only tards and cretins would want to play offline against the CPU in franchise! All that matters is playing against ranked players online because people who play online are the true football geniuses and students of the game!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
So true, I wonder if adding a "Tin" level would help? Not even a star, but a circle for a player that can do maybe one thing fairly well? Let us have one guy like that for an even 12 "legendary" players?

Being able to have even one more player would send most of us back to the drawing board to recreate our favoritie teams. Just a little more flexibility, which is always nice. So just giving us 7 Bronze players instead of 6 would be the easiest thing.

I'd like to see a ton more players signed for this game, even if just Bronze level guys. Duper and Clayton would be nice, but I'd settle for OJ McDuffie and Oronde Gadsden.

They just need to let us change some of those horrible uniforms in Season (and Franchise) mode. Or let us import custom teams from a friends memory card for a Season? How much fun would it be to create some teams for a friend to face? Once you know what kind of team they have, you could create some tough match-ups with run heavy or wide open passing attacks.

If VC follows the General Rule of "more custom options" I'll be very happy with 2K9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Idunno if I mentioned it here or elsewhere, but one of my wishlist suggestions was to allow us to earn the right to change the distribution of stars on the team by meeting certain requirements of play time, games played, total stats and achievements gained.
B)

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »