Home

APF2k9 is confirmed

This is a discussion on APF2k9 is confirmed within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: APF2k9 is confirmed

If they go the route of allowing us to customize the number of legends or flexible choices by tier I'd think they'd have to go with two distinct playtypes online - one for teams that have any customization whatsoever, and one for teams that have no customization. If they allow us more customization of the generics as most of us want, I don't see how they can maintain competitive balance and account for the huge number of variables that will be added with more customization (online). Unless they only allow name/number changes or something of that nature

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
Idunno if I mentioned it here or elsewhere, but one of my wishlist suggestions was to allow us to earn the right to change the distribution of stars on the team by meeting certain requirements of play time, games played, total stats and achievements gained.
B)

Red Ronin
A neat Career mode would be to start the game with the ability to only choose X number of Bronze players and by winning games/doing well with your less than stellar team you get the ability to sign Silver and then Gold players.

As for the Franchise, have all players start out two levels below their max when they come in as Rookies and have it take X number of seasons to reach their full potential. Then have them trail off as they get older. So a Gold player comes into the league as a Bronze rookie and takes a season or two to get to Silver then another season or two to get to Gold. Stays at Gold for a certain number of seasons before declining back down through Silver and Bronze, then retiring. You could even have injuries accelerate their decline and great performances accelerate their rise. Have a sort of "salary cap" so that a team can only have X number of star player points, so when your Silver QB becomes Gold you might have to trade/drop a Bronze guy to stay under the "cap". You would need another layer of generic player so that the Bronze could come in two levels down. Maybe the lowest level would be the current generics and the next level up would allow the Bronze player to have a single ability.

Even with perfect knowledge of who would become star players during the draft I still think it would be fun, as you would still need to make the choice as to which star to choose. For the really long haul Franchise players you could have a legend get recycled back into the league 4 or 5 years after they retire.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #35
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinspinner
A neat Career mode would be to start the game with the ability to only choose X number of Bronze players and by winning games/doing well with your less than stellar team you get the ability to sign Silver and then Gold players.

As for the Franchise, have all players start out two levels below their max when they come in as Rookies and have it take X number of seasons to reach their full potential. Then have them trail off as they get older. So a Gold player comes into the league as a Bronze rookie and takes a season or two to get to Silver then another season or two to get to Gold. Stays at Gold for a certain number of seasons before declining back down through Silver and Bronze, then retiring. You could even have injuries accelerate their decline and great performances accelerate their rise. Have a sort of "salary cap" so that a team can only have X number of star player points, so when your Silver QB becomes Gold you might have to trade/drop a Bronze guy to stay under the "cap". You would need another layer of generic player so that the Bronze could come in two levels down. Maybe the lowest level would be the current generics and the next level up would allow the Bronze player to have a single ability.

Even with perfect knowledge of who would become star players during the draft I still think it would be fun, as you would still need to make the choice as to which star to choose. For the really long haul Franchise players you could have a legend get recycled back into the league 4 or 5 years after they retire.
I'd rather just have an all generic draft, but that is a very good idea, and I would enjoy that franchise. But what do you do when the Legends start to retire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I'd like some kind of trade system that will allow you to add up to 14 players or drop you down to as low as 7 or 8 players depending on how you trade. But you are only allowed 1 trade and that's it. And you can only trade that tier, no mixing tiers for trades. Let's look at a couple of scenarios.

Trade

1 Gold - Pick up - 1 Silver, 2 Bronze = 4 Silvers, 8 Bronze = 12
2 Gold - Pick up - 2 Silver, 4 Bronze = 5 Silvers, 10 Bronze = 14

Trade

6 Bronze - Pick Up - 2 Silver, 1 Gold = 5 Silvers, 3 Golds = 8
3 Silvers - Pick Up - 1 Gold, 3 Bronze = 3 Golds, 9 Bronze = 12

Lots of scenarios can happen. I'd love a trade structure like this. But they need to really make the distinctions clear in player performance between the players in the tiers in particular the defensive guys. The offensive guys are already nutzo.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Some of them were great, others were good, others fads, others plain sucked.
Leave Andre Ware out of this!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'd like some kind of trade system that will allow you to add up to 14 players or drop you down to as low as 7 or 8 players depending on how you trade. But you are only allowed 1 trade and that's it. And you can only trade that tier, no mixing tiers for trades. Let's look at a couple of scenarios.

Trade

1 Gold - Pick up - 1 Silver, 2 Bronze = 4 Silvers, 8 Bronze = 12
2 Gold - Pick up - 2 Silver, 4 Bronze = 5 Silvers, 10 Bronze = 14

Trade

6 Bronze - Pick Up - 2 Silver, 1 Gold = 5 Silvers, 3 Golds = 8
3 Silvers - Pick Up - 1 Gold, 3 Bronze = 3 Golds, 9 Bronze = 12

Lots of scenarios can happen. I'd love a trade structure like this. But they need to really make the distinctions clear in player performance between the players in the tiers in particular the defensive guys. The offensive guys are already nutzo.
I think you'd see everyone trading down to get more tiered players. As you said there would have to be some serious performance distinctions between the various tiers. Which would mean even greater distinction between the legends and the generics, which I think we wouldn't want

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think you'd see everyone trading down to get more tiered players. As you said there would have to be some serious performance distinctions between the various tiers. Which would mean even greater distinction between the legends and the generics, which I think we wouldn't want
Well why not have that greater distinction? I think that's realistic. When I look at CB's in today's game for instance, there is a great gap between Champ Bailey, Nate Clements and say Ronnie Prude or Derrick Martin. This is not to say they Prude or Martin cannot improve their skill, but they will never be Champ Bailey or even close to it.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #40
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

This is great news!!! And I believe this will be a loaded game. I don't think there is any way that they will release another barebones game for 2k9. If they wanted to all they would have to do is give roster updates and add players. With that said 2k8 is a great game of football. Take the core gameplay tweak it and add some kick butt options...We will have one of the best games out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »