Home

After months.....Honest Review of APF

This is a discussion on After months.....Honest Review of APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: After months.....Honest Review of APF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
I get bored quick with message board pissing matches, so before this turns into one, I'll try to convey my point(s) more clearly.

Your opinion is known, thats why I'm obviously not telling you ****. You clearly stated that 2K is the best. I have no reason to think anything, all I have to do is read what you wrote. My motive behind my comment was based on that, and other comments that I've read here that suggest that APF is somehow the undisputed champ of gaming. What is was not however, was an attempt to "tell you what you think"

Theres no reason to point out what people HERE, at OS prefer when my point was that when considering the consensus, you have to look a little further than OS, or sports gaming boards in general. I'm scared to post anything else concerning this subject because I don't want to have waste another paragraph explaining it to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
Thats where I tend to disagree with most that post here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
I also don't understand where you get "most people." Last I checked, Madden did about 2 mill on the 360 alone. APF stands about 200 thou total? Obviously marketing and brand recognition play major roles in discrepancy in sales, but even the major(and minor) gaming media outlets tend to give the nod that Madden is the better title. Now, neither of those factors are concrete evidence that either title is superior to the other, but they far from suggest that 2K is some near unanimous game of choice as you appear to think.
You clearly have no idea what you wrote. Stop trying to insult, look at what you wrote, then respond. There was no reason for me to bring up people outside of OS because that's not who you were talking about and it had nothing to do with what I ws talking about anyway.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You clearly have no idea what you wrote. Stop trying to insult, look at what you wrote, then respond. There was no reason for me to bring up people outside of OS because that's not who you were talking about and it had nothing to do with what I ws talking about anyway.
We're arguing over semantics. I'm not trying to insult, I'm just baffled at how much your paying attention to me using the words/phrase, "think", and "disagree here". It doesn't matter which part of my post you choose to highlight or misinterpret, because my point was, and still is that I disagree with people equating "HERE" with the consensus. Thats the reason I brought up the ratings from other media outlets, and overall game sales. I also acknowledged that I know that neither of those factors prove one game is better than the other, but it does prove that not everyone feels the same way you, or other people "HERE" at OS. Thats why I said "I don't understand where you get most people" "Most people does not = whatever I choose to read here at OS" That may have been what YOU were talking about and/or responding too, but doesn't mean we were on the same page.

I was just attempting to challenge the OP, and other people who make similar post like his who have a tendency to mention APF's "superiority" as if this is some well known fact accepted by everyone.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #35

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
We're arguing over semantics. I'm not trying to insult, I'm just baffled at how much your paying attention to me using the words/phrase, "think", and "disagree here". It doesn't matter which part of my post you choose to highlight or misinterpret, because my point was, and still is that I disagree with people equating "HERE" with the consensus. Thats the reason I brought up the ratings from other media outlets, and overall game sales. I also acknowledged that I know that neither of those factors prove one game is better than the other, but it does prove that not everyone feels the same way you, or other people "HERE" at OS. Thats why I said "I don't understand where you get most people" "Most people does not = whatever I choose to read here at OS" That may have been what YOU were talking about and/or responding too, but doesn't mean we were on the same page.

I was just attempting to challenge the OP, and other people who make similar post like his who have a tendency to mention APF's "superiority" as if this is some well known fact accepted by everyone.
No one has been trying to say that everyone loves this game or thinks that it's the best so I don't understand why you're bringing that up like it's some kind of fact. It was completely irrelevant.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #36
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
First many QBs have been running QB's. Kordell, Vick, Dante' , Cunningham, McNabb, Elway, Vince Young, Steve Young, Romo, ect
Obviously did not say there wasn't. Not to mention Tarkenton, Wright, Ware, Hostetler, Staubach.

Quote:
Sure they don't lower there shoulder and run over people OR breaking ankles but you are fooling yourself if you think when these QBs take off and choose to run that they are not running full speed. I would say just about ALL the QBs in the league could out run most DT's.
This is probably the biggest generalization I see everyone make (like when people generalize Barry Sanders did not have a good Oline), DT's in the old days were not much bigger than the QB's and were very fast, even today's lineman like Strahan, Umeniyora, Sapp and John Randle are quick enough to run down QB's from behind. The reason being is that in "game conditions" when a QB runs he runs with hesitation unless there is a lane to the endzone or the sideline. Other than that QB's do not put their heads down and just slam in there with total disreguard as a back would do. The difference in the video games is that there is no punishment for making your QB a runningback. Vick lost several games for being a Runningback, so did Cunningham, they get injured or hurt enough to where throwing the ball with accuracy is hampered because of the hits they take, thus causing them to run with caution. In the video game no one runs the QB with caution cause they have no fear of getting hurt or losing some accuracy due to getting hit hard on the arm or something. He doesn't have to be injured just hurt enough to where his throwing is effected. Until they make more types of injuries that effect players from certain hits that they take effecting their performance and not just the "total out of lineup injury" then their take is quite effective actually. Like I said there is no risk with QB running as it is in real life.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #37
Pro

I wasn't exactly seeking your approval man. There are more then enough post I've seen here to validate my comments. You suggesting that I go check the Madden forum here to see what other people are saying is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #38

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101
I wasn't exactly seeking your approval man. There are more then enough post I've seen here to validate my comments. You suggesting that I go check the Madden forum here to see what other people are saying is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
I wasn't telling you to go there, I was saying that you are on the Madden board so you know about the issues with the game.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #39
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Obviously did not say there wasn't. Not to mention Tarkenton, Wright, Ware, Hostetler, Staubach.

This is probably the biggest generalization I see everyone make (like when people generalize Barry Sanders did not have a good Oline), DT's in the old days were not much bigger than the QB's and were very fast, even today's lineman like Strahan, Umeniyora, Sapp and John Randle are quick enough to run down QB's from behind. The reason being is that in "game conditions" when a QB runs he runs with hesitation unless there is a lane to the endzone or the sideline. Other than that QB's do not put their heads down and just slam in there with total disreguard as a back would do. The difference in the video games is that there is no punishment for making your QB a runningback. Vick lost several games for being a Runningback, so did Cunningham, they get injured or hurt enough to where throwing the ball with accuracy is hampered because of the hits they take, thus causing them to run with caution. In the video game no one runs the QB with caution cause they have no fear of getting hurt or losing some accuracy due to getting hit hard on the arm or something. He doesn't have to be injured just hurt enough to where his throwing is effected. Until they make more types of injuries that effect players from certain hits that they take effecting their performance and not just the "total out of lineup injury" then their take is quite effective actually. Like I said there is no risk with QB running as it is in real life.
I disagree. I watch tons of football and I am sure you do to. Watch next game a QB takes off it does not matter if he is running right up the gut. He will run all out and SLIDE once contact is about to happen. But they won't run half speed because they are SCARED. They been playing this game their whole life. They know what football is and how to keep themselves in tact so they can finish the season, BUT they are also trying to win ball games. If a QB takes off I don't care if it is Peyton Manning, he will run all out and either run out of bounds or SLIDE before contact. BUT they will do everything in there power to get the most out of it.

I think you are confusing a QB, scrambling out the pocket LOOKING to throw first and is still not sure to take off. I am refering strickly to the speed of the QBs in this game that running to pick up yards or get FIRST DOWN. By the way you sound they are made of glass.

Oh and you said "Running in this game has no negative effect". I call BS. Take a NON scrambling QB and roll out the pocket and throw the ball on the run. It will not even be close to on target. Now take cunninham and do the same thing and it will be pretty decent. Also, I have seen more fumbles by QB's in this game than anything else. Last game I played I saw 2 fumbles from sacking the QB. So there is a RISK of running the QB. The ONLY issue is the SPEED of the QB.

Last edited by HotShot232; 10-05-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I disagree. I watch tons of football and I am sure you do to. Watch next game a QB takes off it does not matter if he is running right up the gut. He will run all out and SLIDE once contact is about to happen. But they won't run half speed because they are SCARED. They been playing this game their whole life. They know what football is and how to keep themselves in tact so they can finish the season, BUT they are also trying to win ball games. If a QB takes off I don't care if it is Peyton Manning, he will run all out and either run out of bounds or SLIDE before contact. BUT they will do everything in there power to get the most out of it.

I think you are confusing a QB, scrambling out the pocket LOOKING to throw first and is still not sure to take off. I am refering strickly to the speed of the QBs in this game that running to pick up yards or get FIRST DOWN. By the way you sound they are made of glass.

Oh and you said "Running in this game has no negative effect". I call BS. Take a NON scrambling QB and roll out the pocket and throw the ball on the run. It will not even be close to on target. Now take cunninham and do the same thing and it will be pretty decent. Also, I have seen more fumbles by QB's in this game than anything else. Last game I played I saw 2 fumbles from sacking the QB. So there is a RISK of running the QB. The ONLY issue is the SPEED of the QB.

The biggest cheese in the last few years was qbs running. VC tried to deal with the issues and may have gone over board but it is way better than in 2k5 and the Madden/NCAA series. Run Vick right and throw left. Repeat.

You can still run with the qbs but it is just tone down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »