Home

Quick Outs - The unstoppable money play?

This is a discussion on Quick Outs - The unstoppable money play? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Quick Outs - The unstoppable money play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
The hot route slant to the outside should be fixed as well.

There should be a way to control the how large the zone area can be defended.

You know the red circle area? Thats their zone area and that seems to be the only area they are defending.

if we get the ability to expand or contract that zone area, it would be great for 2k9.

I noticed how some zone plays have larger circle zones for players while others have a small zone.

They need to add this Zone modifier feature for 2k9

Good post. I think the zone area should reflect the awareness of the particular player. Some players play zone better than other players.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

The hot route slant to the outside is really a corner route. It is most effective if you hot route the outside receiver and lob the pass. You often complete it right near the sidelines.

To complete this pass in real life you need a very strong arm and good accuracy and it is a very difficult throw. The DB should have a big advantage on this play even in zone coverage.

Hopefully the DB AI gets a major upgrade for APF 2K9 because it is terrible now. The problem is that the legend receivers are way too good and the generic DBs are terrible and the CPU calls too much soft zone coverages. The offense has such a huge advantage and and as a consequence there is no balance in the game.

A new passing system like the read and lead in NFL FEVER 2004 would also be a much needed improvement. An adaptive CPU defensive AI must be the focus for APF 2K9.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 21

We need data on how Bronze, Gold, Silver, generic CB's defend the outs before we jump to conclusions.

How successful are outs against soft cover 2 when a gold/silver/bronze/generic are playing the zone,and also how does shading and depth affect successfully defending the outs ?

The X factor in all this is we cannot see a players ratings. You could have a generic CB who has a high man coverage rating but a poor rating for zone coverage so they will play man well on outs but in zones they suck. Thats my guess. It needs to be figured out though.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #20
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
That slant to the outside is hard to stop with Legends IF it is zone coverage. If someone catches you in zone that slant to the outside is money the majority of the time just like it was in 2k5 UNLESS you move your CB's outside and back them way off, but then all someone has to do is quick out or drag to the outside or the stop route and turn it up.
That sounds like coaching to me...... LOL
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I think what they really need is for defensive players to learn routes. In coaching terminology they call it route reads or pattern reads. They need to have guys start getting smarter if a person keeps doing that mess. See it would be good if you could cover it manually, but there is one problem with that, you can only cover 1 area/side. It's the same thing in Madden. Alot of guys will play with a team that has 2 WR's that can jetpack. So what they do is if you cheat to one side and try to stop that, then they'll just throw the jetpack to the other side. You can't cover both. So what DB's and linebackers need is to read patterns on the fly so if you keep doing the same thing, fool me once shame on me, but you aint gonna keep fooling me. They should have it based on tiers. A gold CB for instance you throw whatever route on him once and he's starting to look for it again. But you have to throw it one time at least. A silver CB two times and a bronze CB 3 times. This way fools will have to mix up their routes and stop running the same routes over and over. It also gives incentive to use double move routes like out and up, curl and go more often. I don't see that many people using these and it's a shame because they are really good routes in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I think what they really need is for defensive players to learn routes. In coaching terminology they call it route reads or pattern reads. They need to have guys start getting smarter if a person keeps doing that mess. See it would be good if you could cover it manually, but there is one problem with that, you can only cover 1 area/side. It's the same thing in Madden. Alot of guys will play with a team that has 2 WR's that can jetpack. So what they do is if you cheat to one side and try to stop that, then they'll just throw the jetpack to the other side. You can't cover both. So what DB's and linebackers need is to read patterns on the fly so if you keep doing the same thing, fool me once shame on me, but you aint gonna keep fooling me. They should have it based on tiers. A gold CB for instance you throw whatever route on him once and he's starting to look for it again. But you have to throw it one time at least. A silver CB two times and a bronze CB 3 times. This way fools will have to mix up their routes and stop running the same routes over and over. It also gives incentive to use double move routes like out and up, curl and go more often. I don't see that many people using these and it's a shame because they are really good routes in the game.
Good post. We have seen adaptive a.i. in NHL 08. I hope to see it in next year football games.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #23
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
That is a great idea. Defensive players should adapt to repetitive playcalling. I know that some may find it boring, but I would love for great defenders to be able to shutdown an offense.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Triple co-sign. That would make such a huge difference in the offensive strategy of online players that the game would have to be played straight, or else. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the corner or slant to Coates on 3rd and long and been like "I KNOW that's coming, why don't you?" to my players.

What it comes down to is that you, LBZ, need to get signed on as a defensive consultant for next year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »