Home

Quick Outs - The unstoppable money play?

This is a discussion on Quick Outs - The unstoppable money play? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Quick Outs - The unstoppable money play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Whoever said there's only 2 WR? What if there's 3 WR on 1 side? One runs an out, one runs a fade (WHICH KILLS cover 2) and one runs a post.
run cover 2 and u get rape by the post and fade while barely stopping the out.
Run anything else and the out is automatic. Cover 2 will definitely NOT stop 2 WR running a streak.
lol "whats the problem"
If there is 3 on oneside then you KNOW you need to audible out of cover 2 soft...right ?

You are the adaptive AI, adapt....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #42
MVP

Also, judging from your reply, you did not understand my post. When I say 2 WR in the post I dont mean "The 2 WR's" I mean the "2"(slot) WR on THAT side of the field.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

So why is that when I have two gold corners and a silver (Lem, Train and Brown) corner they are still getting beat in Man to Man coverage by bronze receivers on out routes.

Quick Outs are not my issue (It only takes one quick out to get picked and taken to the house for someone to stop) intermediate routes are more of the problem in man defense. Corners should not be giving the separation they are giving on every play. I understand that they should bet beat at times but you should have to find the man getting beat and not know that when your reciever cuts he will be open.

They need to fix the reaction time to when someone commits to a route. The experienced players know that if you throw the ball right before the man cuts the defensive player end up giving up 3 to 5 yard separation. If you hit it right then you are golden.

To LB point if they would fix those animations and make people pay more often by CB jumping routes (expecially gold coners) and getting picks it would make a big difference. I don't mind them getting beat but they are getting beat to the point that I have to bring a saftey down to take routes away and give up the deep throw which they cover better. This only takes away half the field. They still can throw the out to the other side.

If I spend my top three picks on corners I should at least be able to play man to man and have great success without having to manually take a route away.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #44
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

In NFL 2k5 you could individually set each linebacker and every secondary player to play deep, to the outside or inside. This year you have to adjust all of them, by taking away this option it has ruined the defense. You could stop out routes and deep routes together in 2k5 by quickly making the corners play out and up on the receiver individually while keeping your safties back. You can't do that this year cause of the hot zone audible. They need to bring back that option and still allow us the hot zone audible cause I have found the hot zone audible very effective in putting people in places in certain zones that my opponents did not expect.

End of discussion, VC bring back the individual defensive player assignments for our corners on zones while not making the whole team do the same thing I just wanted my corners to do.

I have found success in (believe I posted it before) bring every one in the secondary up 2-3 steps up while moving them 1-2 steps out. This will lead to picks and more AI jump on the ball, however you can get beat deep. My only way out of this enevitability is to hot route people back like a backer or move safties over to stop over the top passes.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgar32
So why is that when I have two gold corners and a silver (Lem, Train and Brown) corner they are still getting beat in Man to Man coverage by bronze receivers on out routes.
Because man to man does not stop the out routes.

It is difficult for the coverage man to follow the guy every step of his routes. So an out route beats man to man a majority of the time. Unless the CB has psychic abilities then he will know when to make the cut so he can break and make the easy int.

A 2 Soft is a zone coverage that makes it easier to stop the out routes because they are basically standing at the area where the out pattern happens. Very little physical skill needed to defend this pattern using a 2 soft D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgar32
They need to fix the reaction time to when someone commits to a route.
Yes!

Like for example if the offensive player is in the defenders zone, then the player should be aware of where the offensive player is.

Dont just stand in the zone, follow that player right away. They should react rapidly to defend the guy,
Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
If there is 3 on oneside then you KNOW you need to audible out of cover 2 soft...right ?

You are the adaptive AI, adapt....
ok, you give me advice then O great one. Audible to what?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:13 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
ok, you give me advice then O great one. Audible to what?
Alot of that decision would depend on what your opponent has been doing up to that point.
You say he is running a out and sending the other 2 WR's deep or one deep and one short ?

Assuming he is running an out with the 1 WR on the weak side call a 3 Weak. Your CB on the weak side is playing the zone he would play if he were in cover 2 soft. You can even hot route him to play man to insure he follows that WR wherever he goes and shade him outside. The 2 safetys are in zones that take away the corner route and the post route if the other 2 WR's are running those routes. You can also hot route the DB/LB on that side to man coverage on one of the other WR's of your choosing of the remaining 2 WR's or go one further depending on tendency and faith in your MLB and have him man up on the 3rd WR.

Thas if you want to play 3 deep. You could call 4 deep and man up one of the under guys on the 1 WR. You could also go dime 2 deep with man under coverage.

You could also just call a 3 LB Blitz and hurry him into trying to throw that out to fast and get a INT. With 3 wides on one side he only gonna have at the most 1 back in to help pick up the blitz and he aint gonna have time to throw a corner or post.

Again, I aint no guru, I just go off basic knowledge and adapt to what I see happening the best I can. You win some you lose some. If the guy can make the reads fast enough and has players that can beat your players he is gonna win some of the downs. Thats just football. You gotta do whatever you can to confuse and make your opponent do things he does not want to do and hurry him into mistakes. If he developes a pattern to where he likes to throw the ball then take that zone away from him and make him beat you somewhere else.

People complain about people who only throw outs but they will be the easiest people to beat because alot of the time thats all they got offensively. Once you take that from them they either keep forcing the ball there and getting picked, or try and find another route they see that you have not figured out how to stop, or they give up and quit which is what we all see alot of online.

Last edited by TombSong; 10-13-2007 at 09:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »