Home

Disappearing rosters?

This is a discussion on Disappearing rosters? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Disappearing rosters?

Any have this happen? Twice now I've gone to load up the game, only to be presented with making a team, my rosters are gone! Along with my custom playbook.

Any work around to keep this from happening?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Disappearing rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Any have this happen? Twice now I've gone to load up the game, only to be presented with making a team, my rosters are gone! Along with my custom playbook.

Any work around to keep this from happening?
This happened to me a couple times but it was just a glitch, I would just leave without saving anything, like go straight to the xbox dashboard and then reload the game. Your rosters are fine just did not get loaded properly. It has happened to me twice.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks, I'll give that a try next time it happens.

Now...time to spend a hour setting up plays again....grrr.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is a known and continual infinite pain in the arse glitch. I believe it only happens on Xbox 360. The game basically forgets you have a hard drive or how to read from it.

Sometimes the Roster file on your system is fine. A reboot and restart of the game and you are back in. Other times the Roster file will be corrupt. This is bad because every single phrackin function in the game is tied to the Roster file.

Every time you change part of your uniform, or add or remove players, or change your depth chart, or add or remove plays - the game will access and save to the Roster file. So if it can't be found, or cannot be read, all your hard work is gone to waste.

This is my primary point when I say I wish the game had NOT been released on PS3. That would have allowed 2KSports/Visual Concepts the proper funding to test this sort of crap thoroughly before releasing on Xbox 360.

There is a possibility that this is tied most directly with the AUTOSAVE function, so if you aren't in the midst of something that literally needs changing - turn it OFF. The rest of the time, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »