Home

Is it time to say goodbye to the circle online?

This is a discussion on Is it time to say goodbye to the circle online? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is it time to say goodbye to the circle online?

I agree 100%.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm in. This would be especially good if paired with LBZ's suggestion elsewhere that devs incorporate more pre-snap movement by the defense. I'd love to be able to have defenders moving and charging the line pre-snap without knowing that it's me. As it is, with the rush lanes being so strange, I feel constrained to control a blitzing backer on crucial downs, and I'd like for my opponent not to know that. The only way for that to be truly effective, though, is to have an overall more dynamic defense since even without the circle your opponent will know which guy is yours if there's any movement at all by a single player.

I'd also like for the CPU not to tell the opponent that you're calling a hot route or a protection adjustment on offense.

Great idea!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm in. This would be especially good if paired with LBZ's suggestion elsewhere that devs incorporate more pre-snap movement by the defense. I'd love to be able to have defenders moving and charging the line pre-snap without knowing that it's me. As it is, with the rush lanes being so strange, I feel constrained to control a blitzing backer on crucial downs, and I'd like for my opponent not to know that. The only way for that to be truly effective, though, is to have an overall more dynamic defense since even without the circle your opponent will know which guy is yours if there's any movement at all by a single player.
I guess the defense for this would be to move a few guys pre-snap and then just hold still on one of them. Or move a player and then select another player and hold still until the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

I'd also like for the CPU not to tell the opponent that you're calling a hot route or a protection adjustment on offense.

Great idea!
Is it me or does it seem that all these threads and suggestions that we come up with point to one thing? Something I've been saying for a while....... 2K LISTEN UP!! WE NEED A LOBBY OF OUR OWN!!!!
They can keep the game exactly as is for all pro and pro and whatever lower levels but those of us who claim to want it "real" we should have a lobby with a set of options that would lend the most realistic experience. I've been calling for a "sim" versus "arcade" lobby for the longest. We could have all this and more in a sim lobby. Didn't one of the baseball games have an option like this online?

In any case that's what it all boils down to. They still have some of us who want to play football the way it should be still playing with those who if could find a magic bouncing mushroom would use it to get a free 20 yards and unlimited tackle break in the game. Oh and I have one more point that I think we may not all agree on. lol
Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 11

This is the best idea I have heard in a long time! We already have the abilty to use a whole different camera when playing online so this should be a must for all sports games from here on out!

How do we get 2k to see this post and acknowledge it?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agreed, Great ideas here.
Don't allow your opponent to see what man you are controlling.
Don't allow your opponent to see the direction of the kick
Don't allow your opponent to see when a hot route , max pass protect, Show blitz and so on are called.

After all teams in the NFL don't get to know before the snap what the other team is doing, keep it out of the video game as well.
I think this would make for a better game. I also like the idea of a Sim lobby and an arcade lobby.
Sim lobby = The game with the new suggestions above.
Arcade lobby = The game the way it is now.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It can be ditched along with the other person seeing which way you are kicking the ball on punt and kickoffs.
Co-sign
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs58
Agreed, Great ideas here.
Don't allow your opponent to see what man you are controlling.
Don't allow your opponent to see the direction of the kick
Don't allow your opponent to see when a hot route , max pass protect, Show blitz and so on are called.

After all teams in the NFL don't get to know before the snap what the other team is doing, keep it out of the video game as well.
I think this would make for a better game. I also like the idea of a Sim lobby and an arcade lobby.
Sim lobby = The game with the new suggestions above.
Arcade lobby = The game the way it is now.

Co-sign

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »