Home

I Finally Bought APF 2k8 and

This is a discussion on I Finally Bought APF 2k8 and within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: I Finally Bought APF 2k8 and

Yeah, for a game that relys on customizing your own team, leaving out the ability to save your team and bring it to a friend's place is a major overlook. However, this is the most balanced gameplay engine I've seen for a football game. I've played against so many different styles and teams online. 2K5 had way too many flaws that people completely abused, and it also had too many long-winded animations for CB's guarding the pass that APF has rectified a bit. This game is about its gameplay. It's a shame that there are a lot of limitations and that the CPU plays poorly. It's pretty much made for online play, and it does succeed very well there.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm hearing new commentary everyday now! Now I can see that when I get a second stick for my 360,its gonna be on! Played with a combo of Big Ben gold,Lambert gold,and yancey thigpin bronze.How in the hell can the bronze legends have 3 abilities but my created bronze players only 1?

Last edited by DIEHARD STEELERS #1; 11-19-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD STEELERS #1
I'm hearing new commentary everyday now! Now I can see that when I get a second stick for my 360,its gonna be on! Played with a combo of Big Ben gold,Lambert gold,and yancey thigpin bronze.How in the hell can the bronze legends have 3 abilities but my created bronze players only 1?
You should build at least 2 steelers teams. The 70's teams and the zone blitz teams. The 70's team ran a cover 2 defense. The playbook are diverse enough to make these types of teams.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
If you get all of the achievements, the game rewards you with the ability to add more abilities to your created players.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I think they had in mind game balance issues, wanted to encourage the use of the legendary players provided in the game, and once you get all the Achievements? Then you can create Gold players with FIVE Abilities.

I hope they change that in APF 2K9 to being able to add two Abilities to two of your Bronze guys, three to two Silver and four to your two Gold -after getting all the Achievements, of course.

BTW, it should be a law that you CANNOT purchase a console without buying a SECOND controller with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
BTW, it should be a law that you CANNOT purchase a console without buying a SECOND controller with it.
Well I think it should be a law where the console you purchase should come with 2 controllers! Its all good though, I only have this problem with APF 2k8.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #23
Rookie

I now feel 2k deserves the poor sales for APF 2k8.I'm a 2k Football Diehard but you cant help but get frustrated playing against these fake teams and all.That said,I'll still play this game until 2k9.I feel 2k will respond to its fans wishes and step it up next go around.Happy Thanxgiving
Old 11-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
I now feel 2k deserves the poor sales for APF 2k8.I'm a 2k Football Diehard but you cant help but get frustrated playing against these fake teams and all.That said,I'll still play this game until 2k9.I feel 2k will respond to its fans wishes and step it up next go around.Happy Thanxgiving
So you are saying 2K deserves weak sales because they have no license that they could use? I'm confused here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »