Home

Will you be Buying APF2k9 next year or you will wait?

This is a discussion on Will you be Buying APF2k9 next year or you will wait? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #17
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Will you be Buying APF2k9 next year or you will wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
K-Gun, here's a link to a thread in this forum where the issue of confirmation is discussed: APF2k9 is confirmed. Apparently, it has been announced that 2K will produce the game again next year.

As for whether or not I'm buying, that's a definite yes for me. I'll pre-order it, even though I know it won't be necessary. I am absolutely addicted to this game, despite the lack of a franchise mode, which had previously been a sine qua non of football games for me. And I agree with VC Dolphin that it won't take much for me to be happy with the effort. I think tightening up the defensive alignments and movement (as discussed by LBZ), getting more and better defensive animations (especially for DBs--I doubt they're going to go physics based, so I'm just hoping for more animations), and some more modes will be sufficient for me.

cool beans

as long as there is franchise i'm game
Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #18
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I am still enjoying 2K8 and I bought the game the day it came out, so there is no question I will be buying 2K9 and Backbreaker. The only thing that would make me not buy 2K9 would be if they release the same game with new or more legends. I am sure 2K will add something else to their game and whatever the something else is would satisfy me.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 18

This particular game makers have never let me down. I am absolutely sure 2K9 will give us more of what we enjoy. 2K8 is the only football next to NCAA that I want to play. I never thought I would enjoy the season mode, but I do.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I am still enjoying 2K8 and I bought the game the day it came out, so there is no question I will be buying 2K9 and Backbreaker. The only thing that would make me not buy 2K9 would be if they release the same game with new or more legends. I am sure 2K will add something else to their game and whatever the something else is would satisfy me.
I hear ya jrivera. I bought this game on release day, and I haven't stopped playing it since. I'm positively addicted, and I've NEVER played a football game for this long. I think I average two games a night. I've played almost exclusively online, but I started my first season tonight, and I really enjoyed the game. I think 2k did a wonderful job for the most part with the CPU AI so that it delivers a nice ebb and flow and an intriguing level of unpredictability. Even though there's no franchise, I think I'm really going to enjoy season mode as a supplement to online action. I'd encourage those who are tired of seeing the same guys and the same plays online to give season mode a try--that mode keeps it fresh I think.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

i will buy it day 1. I love 2k sports football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #22
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Will definitely give it a try next yr. Will pick up 2k8 when I can find it for $10.00 or less. Will definitely get 2k9 and madden LATE next year if at all (like 12/08 once the franchise and fatigue patch comes out for THAT version of the game).
Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #23
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Best football game I have ever played. Im am almost exclusively online though.

Im buying it.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 29

Depends a whole lot on how good the game is. The more I played 2k8, the less impressed I was. We'll see how they improve 2k9.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »