Home

Will you be Buying APF2k9 next year or you will wait?

This is a discussion on Will you be Buying APF2k9 next year or you will wait? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Will you be Buying APF2k9 next year or you will wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Respectfully, I am surprised at the amount of those willing to buy 2k9 on the first day. I am still a little steamed that I spent 60 bones on the game and now it is $21 at Walmart. This is a football video game, not a new car. It shouldn't have depreciated that drastically. I liked 2k7, but grew tired of it after a while. I feel like 2k8 was rushed and 2k9 better come with a lot more to justify any pricetag over $30. The infinite hope of a football gamer...I just have the terrible feeling of another year of subpar football, imo.
I would have paid 100 bucks if it means i can finally play football after 2 years. For me it was a boring *** 2 years for sports gaming for me.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I can see where you're coming from, Hammerhunker, but from my perspective, this game has provided me so many hours of gaming fun that I have no regrets about paying full price for it. I got it on release day and literally haven't stopped playing it since. More options would be nice, but I have to say that online is pretty good and season mode is much underrated. The gameplay foundation is in my opinion the best available, and to have a football game that caters to my tastes for the first time in a few years makes $60 seem like a small price to pay. I just hope enough gamers support the next title to make the franchise a lasting competitor in the football gaming market.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #59
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Add franchise, improve customization, improve presentation, and fix some of the gameplay problems and improve the graphics and I'll buy it.

Otherwise, I'm gonna hold out. I liked 2K8, but it didn't have the replay value I wanted.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Add franchise, improve customization, improve presentation, and fix some of the gameplay problems and improve the graphics and I'll buy it.

Otherwise, I'm gonna hold out. I liked 2K8, but it didn't have the replay value I wanted.
Was there anything you liked about the game?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:07 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Definitely waiting, especially since you can find 2k8 for about 1/3 of its original price only a few months after its release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #62
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Was there anything you liked about the game?
Well, I like the core gameplay a lot better than any other football game on the market. It's really the only football game I play so its got that going for it. I'll probably but 2K9 but I hope/pray they make some changes.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Me too; I was just ribbing you 'cause it sounded like you didn't like much about the game. I'm with you in hoping for some upgrades across the board, but for me, the presence of such solid core gameplay after the relative dearth of it the last few years has me hooked on this game like crack.

I remember the first game I played and I saw the formation of dynamic pocket that looked and felt like the real thing (no double entendre here, I promise, just pure enthusiasm), and I was blown away. Such a simple and fundamental thing, and yet I'd never really seen it done right before. I'm still impressed by it, as I am by little things like route gods making crisp, hard cuts, and other guys slipping in or rounding off routes.

On the topic of upgrades, I wonder how they'll do them, especially when it comes to gameplay modes. It seems like the game is wedded to the legends concept, which makes the implementation of a franchise pretty tricky, and I'm not sure 1) that they can or 2) that they care to work out the logistics of a franchise mode with legends. I'm also not sure if they'd want to ditch that concept completely and go with a fully fictional league (if this game didn't wow execs with sales numbers, how would a fully generic game do?) or take the time to figure out how to give us the option of playing with legends *or* entering an exclusively generic franchise mode.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 18

2k is not the 2k i remeber when they make there big debut with NFL2k. I mean they brought it and they brought it hard. Now they are just being soft, I mean AFL2k8 they didnt bring it at all it was a failure. They need to go back to the oldschool days when they were on the ps2 with nfl2k and bring it man. I hope apf2k9 they just said heck it with and just let it all out. Make EA piss there pants man. Man it this fully customised, Have a better CAP, must us the user edit all the teams and maybe the stadium give us full control 2k give us users full stop limiting us like you did in 2k8. If this doesnt change im done with 2k football. You cant just attract hardcore fans thats a small number in your group, you need to go after casual gamers man come on. Wake up man Wake up 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »