Home

Some of the "features" in this game just seem broken

This is a discussion on Some of the "features" in this game just seem broken within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Some of the "features" in this game just seem broken

Quite frustrating.

I've been playing since I'm waiting for this XPort from CodeJunkies (I'm never ordering from them again. It's the slowest shipping I've ever had... It's been two weeks already).

Anyway - I messed around with creating the Vikings...

I created Adrian Peterson as a gold, and gave him the attributes I figured suited him best. However, I was noticing his break away speed wasn't very good at all... So I dropped Quick Feet for Breakaway Burst (I think it's called that).

So what happens? AP goes from getting around 160 yards a game for me to getting about 70 yards a game... For some reason the Breakaway Speed attribute made him SLOWER. He was unable to run past people as well, and for some reason his power moves went to crap and he was unable to break any tackles.

I don't get what gives with that... I would love to be able to give him 5 attributes, but I can't... So I'm stuck with 3... And it strikes me as odd that when I give him something that's supposed to make him run AWAY from defenders faster, it does the exact opposite AND makes his jukes and charge moves weaker... I just don't understand.

It's frustrating me. I can't wait until this XPort gets here so I can put it away and play some 2k5 with updated rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 03:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Some of the "features" in this game just seem broken

What are the attributes u gave to the generic backs. I have noticed that the attributes of the generic players influence the attributes of your star-players.

"To Live Is To Suffer, To Survive Is To Find The Meaning In The Suffering."
Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Quite frustrating.

I've been playing since I'm waiting for this XPort from CodeJunkies (I'm never ordering from them again. It's the slowest shipping I've ever had... It's been two weeks already).

I created Adrian Peterson as a gold, and gave him the attributes I figured suited him best. However, I was noticing his break away speed wasn't very good at all... So I dropped Quick Feet for Breakaway Burst (I think it's called that).

So what happens? AP goes from getting around 160 yards a game for me to getting about 70 yards a game... For some reason the Breakaway Speed attribute made him SLOWER. He was unable to run past people as well, and for some reason his power moves went to crap and he was unable to break any tackles.

I don't get what gives with that... I would love to be able to give him 5 attributes, but I can't... So I'm stuck with 3... And it strikes me as odd that when I give him something that's supposed to make him run AWAY from defenders faster, it does the exact opposite AND makes his jukes and charge moves weaker... I just don't understand.

It's frustrating me. I can't wait until this XPort gets here so I can put it away and play some 2k5 with updated rosters.
Create him again and this time give him Workhorse, Breakaway Burst and Stamina Bonus and see how that makes him go.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Quite frustrating.

Breakaway burst has to do with the charge. It doesn''t take into effect until you charge it. Speed Demon is the attribute you want.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 12-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I'd go Speed Burner, Workhorse, and Strength. Of course I could add Stamina and Quick Feet with the five Attributes, but the first three should do the job.

You are going with a generic QB, right? To best reflect the Vikings?

Hey, I'm a Phin fan basking in the ONE win they just got! LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
I'd go Speed Burner, Workhorse, and Strength. Of course I could add Stamina and Quick Feet with the five Attributes, but the first three should do the job.

Actually I made TJ a bronze with the deep ball ability: I made Sharper with Ball Hawk, Punishing hit, and foot steps: I made the williams silvers with 2nd lvl swim and rip moves and run stoppers: I made troy williamson with speed(bronze): That is all I can think of now. What you think, I made AD but cant seem to get him right yet. Man sharper is a monster now.....

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin

I'll keep messing around with it. I just think it's strange that it made him slower.

I made TJ as a bronze with the scramble rating. In the last two games I've played, I've thrown 4 INTs and just 1 TD. Represents him pretty well actually

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »