Home

Best Cornerback and Safety?

This is a discussion on Best Cornerback and Safety? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Best Cornerback and Safety?

Who do you guys think is the best cornerback and Safety in the game?

I'm not sure, I use Rod Woodson for CB and Willie Wood for Safety, I haven't really played around with the CB's and Safety's, any opinions on who you choose and why so? Night Train etc?
NO! I will not change this until Lakers get to Western Conference Finals!!! Friday, Oct 13, 2006 (It is raining hard) 8:14pm 30sec (Check)

NO! I will not change this Until Lakers Are 2008-2009 Champs! Friday, Oct 3, 2008
(Check)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Best Cornerback and Safety?

I've tried most of them extensively, with the exception of Lane, and I'm in a Mike Haynes mood at the moment. The guy is a monster returner, and he literally gets a pick a game. I think he's more consistent than Woodson, who will get beat by double moves (as will Lane), and he's just as good as Brown IMO.

For safety, I don't know. I just don't get the kind of production out of my FS that I'd like for a gold or silver pick. I've used Wood and Lott extensively, and both are fine. Lott is obviously a very nice addition to the run game, and he's made a few picks for me, but not many. Perhaps it's the kinds of coverages I'm calling for him; I don't know. I get just as much value out of Tatum, whose footsteps thing causes a lot of alligator arms and who is also very aggressive and effective in the run game. I've never tried Turner, and an in the midst of an experiment with Cherry in a season. More on that as details develop.

Anyway, disquisition aside, I would go Haynes and Lott or Woodson and Wood (each gives you a coverage with a run stopping combo, plus a returner). And I would bet that your opponent wouldn't touch that side of the field.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Who is best at stopping Rice/Berry? I've had trouble with Brown against Rice, should I expect that from every gold CB who has that matchup? I'll be trying Haynes next though

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 12-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

I think Haynes gives you a great shot. I play my brother online all the time, and he has Rice, and Hanyes locks him down on a regular basis. I've given up one huge play to Rice on a bad animation (have you seen the one where the DB will all of the sudden turn completely out of position while the ball's in the air and make a swat that there's no way will touch the ball? love it). That one was a 67 yard score. But other than that, and over the course of several games, it's been lights out. No catches or just a handful for a very modest average. Two things to consider, though: positioning and the occasional double-team. Haynes is not a bump buy, and he'll get pushed around by physical receivers. Rice isn't one of them, but be careful not to press him; just play him close. And if you want to guard against the deep out, which is a little too easy to complete in this game IMO, and therefore shade Haynes to the outside from time to time, then it might be a good idea to double Rice with an OLB for inside routs. He will get some separation on the drag route from any corner, especially in the QB has time to let him do it. If your defense can keep that route to the first hash by applying pressure, then doubling may not be necessary.

Unfortunately, what you really need is Deion, and we don't have him. The next best thin is a pass rush. People typically go with ends, but if you want to give whoever it is that has Rice and Berry fits, got with two high-tier DTs. At silver, Millard and Brown are sick. They blow up backfields if used correctly, and that makes every secondary better.

This is really just a matter of personal preference, so ask around some more, but good luck! There's nothing better than finding the right combo that works for you and shutting your opponent down!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:12 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Just though of another one. You could go Lester Hayes, Wilie Brown, and Willie Wood. I had a guy use the first two on my vaunted Raiders team (with which I just beat the #1 online yesterday), and it totally stymied my offense. Belitnekoff, who is normally a nightmare for other corners, was slowed enough by Brown, and Hayes engulfed my other receiver. Their DL provided enough pressure that I didn't have time to let routs develop, and I got my arse whooped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Pre-Patch, I haven't had much success with a legend D-Line. I am think about trying it, but I like how I have my team setup now, and do not want to disrupt the flow of things.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 12-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I always have to use a Night Train/Jack Tatum combo.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Lem Barney seems tough to go up against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »