Home

What level is better...All pro or Legend?

This is a discussion on What level is better...All pro or Legend? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: What level is better...All pro or Legend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Timmay--you get realistic games, stats, wins and losses on All Star? I hate messing with sliders too, as it can become a bit of an obsession. It only took me a week to get these, and I don't think I'm going to change them, but I was worried that after starting on Legend and being able to win some but not much that All Pro would be too easy.
I get fun games. I've given up with "realistic" because there is no such thing, really. It's a fun game, but it's really got nothing on the real life game, so I've given up trying to emulate it. Plus, there's really nothing to compare the game too - since there's no legend league filled with 11 superstars on a team.

as for All-Star, I meant All-Pro - incase there was any confusion (since there isn't an all-star level).
Old 12-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I get fun games. I've given up with "realistic" because there is no such thing, really. It's a fun game, but it's really got nothing on the real life game, so I've given up trying to emulate it. Plus, there's really nothing to compare the game too - since there's no legend league filled with 11 superstars on a team.

as for All-Star, I meant All-Pro - incase there was any confusion (since there isn't an all-star level).
Word.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Okay, here are the sliders, with some explanation below.

15 min quarters

HUM BLK 75
NUM PASS 50
HUM RUN 45
HUM CTCH 50
HMN CVG 50
HMN PRS 75
HMN TCKL 80
HUM KICK 35
HMN FAT 50
CPU BLK 65
CPU PASS 60
CPU RUN 50
CPU CTCH 65
CPU CVG 55
CPU PURS 50
CPU TCKL 60
CPU KICK 55
CPU FAT 65
INJ 50
FUM 75
INT 55

As always, these are set to preference and skill level, but I'll offer some explanation of how I got here and hopefully that will help those of you who are interested tweak the game to your liking.

First, I started on legend. I got extremely tired of being sacked 7 times a game, getting 8 balls knocked down, and 5 dropped, so I fiddled with those numbers by increasing the human blocking and decreasing the CPU pursuit, which has a noticeable effect on how quickly pass rushers and run supporters close. The results have been great, I think. Whereas before I literally felt like I had 2 seconds to throw the ball, even with legend lineman, now I get 2.5 regularly, sometimes more if the matchups are good. If the DL has me overmatched, I'll still get sacked 3 or more times, but not the regular 7. Granted, I've also learned how to move around a little better in the pocket, but some adjustments were still necessary for me.

On the catching, I had guys dropping more passes than they caught over the course of a season--several of them, and there was no way I could deal with that. Aside from TO, most NFL guys can catch balls in they're open. I'm even okay with a 3/4 catch to drop ratio, but below 50%?

For the CPU pursuit, I felt on legend like the whole defense knew my play and was in the hole before my lineman were out of their stances. At this level, I get stuffing in the hole by good linebackers and sometimes by good defensive calls, but if I've got the right call and the right matchup, I can get some holes, some separation, and some wiggle room. The results in season mode have been good. With Reggie Cobb, I'm geting about 3.4 a carry, with FLoyd Little about 4.3. I also upped the human running ability from legend so that you can break a few tackles but not too many. Over the course of a game, I might break two, maybe three.

On the human pursuit, tackling, and RB ability, I was really frustrated by the tendency for every legend back to spin three times in a row and break 15 tackles for every 20-25 carries. With the ability lowered just a bit, they still put on moves and still can torch you, but it's not nearly as ridiculous as it was before. And just as a note, I'm not a switch and dive guy, I'm a scrape, fill, and wrap guy, but somehow, right before the wrap part, the RB would change speed and angle just enough to apply a highlight reel move and escape the tackle--and then he'd do it twice more, in the same play.

Human passing was a little rough for me on legend. Too many errant throws and way too many picks, so I upped that slightly and lowered CPU coverage by just a tad. Now it's to where I have to make the right read, throw the route on time, and I'll complete between 55 and 65 percent of my passes, with the occasional really crappy game. For example, I had a 450 yd game with Marino in my season, to be followed with a 150 yd game and 3 picks.

I never see any fumbles, nor did I see very many user INT, so I upped the fumble slider (which I still think is too low), and lowered the CPU passing by just a hair. The results have been nice. Guys still drop picks, but they make them now at a realistic frequency (say 1-2 a game, though there are games without any).

A couple of more caveats, and I'm out. I'm not that great with jukes, so those with better stick skills will likely need to adjust accordingly. Also, the 15 minute quarters thing sounds wacky, but it plays perfectly. I know this isn't the NFL, but I aim for plausible statistics in an NFL world. At this game length, the total yards are right on, and my scores can range from 7-10 to 21-35. I don't think I've scored 40, and I know I haven't given up 40. So unlike the other game, this game seems to pace itself for the length of quarters you assign.

I am all about dialogue here, so please feel free to chime in, debate, suggest corrections, ask questions, whatever. Anything that will make the offline mode better (and I already really like it) is a good thing to me.

Just a heads up these sliders have been something special, they make the game just that much better.

One quick question TM, have you tried these multiplayer or only against the A.I. I am searching for a great set to play offline multiplayer. Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I use sliders very similar, the only real difference is I bumped up HM Catch and CPU Running Ability (in an effort to get the CPU to run the ball more) and have had a lot of great, close games.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-31-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Just a heads up these sliders have been something special, they make the game just that much better.

One quick question TM, have you tried these multiplayer or only against the A.I. I am searching for a great set to play offline multiplayer. Peace.
I've never tried these against a human opponent. I love them for hum. vs. AI, but I don't know what they'd do online. I think others have worked on some online sliders. Glad these have been helpful!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

shotgun pro deep out
it's the only play you'll ever need.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

lol. I force myself only to ever throw a deep out once a game or once every couple of games. It's ridiculous if you have a strong armed QB how easy that route is to throw and complete. Bartkowski to whomever, Cunningham to whomever. Blah, blah, blah. I hope they deal with the AI on out route coverage next year, if there is a next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »