Home

Latest Team(s) and Favorite Players?

This is a discussion on Latest Team(s) and Favorite Players? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:33 AM   #25
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Latest Team(s) and Favorite Players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Here's a team i just assembled a couple days ago

Gold:
WR Jerry Rice
HB Barry Sanders

Silver:
WR Andre Reed
FS Jack Tatum
SS Joey Browner

Bronze:
CB Terry McDaniel
ILB Pepper Johnson
FB Craig Heyward (created and he's a f'n beast with the run block)
TE Pete Metzelaars
QB Steve Bartkowski
WR Rob Moore

Straight and simple. This team will put up alot of points. Very balanced offensive game. Defensively, stopping the run will be my hardest task, I will have to play almost everyone I play like they are run-oriented since most ppl pick gold RB's like Campbell. Thankfully Tatum and Browner are good against the run too so pass coverage will be my strongest point for a lacking defense. I play a cover 2 to make sure I don't give up the big plays and hopefully cause turnovers.

Its a nice team, but its basically the team u see everyone roll with online. Your D is seriously lackin so I hope you can score.

Using Barry is fun isnt it? I miss him on my new team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Here's a team i just assembled a couple days ago

Gold:
WR Jerry Rice
HB Barry Sanders

Silver:
WR Andre Reed
FS Jack Tatum
SS Joey Browner

Bronze:
CB Terry McDaniel
ILB Pepper Johnson
FB Craig Heyward (created and he's a f'n beast with the run block)
TE Pete Metzelaars
QB Steve Bartkowski
WR Rob Moore

Straight and simple. This team will put up alot of points. Very balanced offensive game. Defensively, stopping the run will be my hardest task, I will have to play almost everyone I play like they are run-oriented since most ppl pick gold RB's like Campbell. Thankfully Tatum and Browner are good against the run too so pass coverage will be my strongest point for a lacking defense. I play a cover 2 to make sure I don't give up the big plays and hopefully cause turnovers.
Hey wanna get a game goin this weekend? Add me on XBL, my GT is gta95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubankaos
Can some of you guys that use generic or bronze offensive players give me your gamertag so that we can get a game. I would like to try this against another human player.
I have two bronze receivers, and a bronze H-back. My GT is above if you would like to play me.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Con-Con's Arena

OVR: 6

Aight man, I'm Con4Prez, however I don't know if I'm gonna get a connection once I get back on my campus.

Just changed my Demons team. I didn't want it to look like everyone elses.

Gold:
RB Barry Sanders
FS Ronnie Lott

Silver:
WR Don Maynard
WR Herman Moore
OLB Greg Lloyd

Bronze:
TE Pete Metzelaars
FB Craig Heyward (created)
QB Steve Bartkowski
CB Terry McDaniel
SS Charlie Waters
ILB John Offerdahl

I perfer balanced teams anyways. Still run the Cover 2 defense. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Os
Hip-Hop is not dead, it's really the mind of the emcee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked I
And for them wack songs that you made
I want you to throw your pen, but hold the grenade

Old 01-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I deleted all my content and restarted the game fresh.

Drafted an all defensive team; and it's a ton of fun.

I've won my first two game. They were offensive explosions in which I won 5-3 and 9-0

I managed at least an INT each game - and a TON of sacks. It wasn't uncommon for me to leave the other team at 4th and 15+ yard to go.

Although, when I get the ball, I can't do crap. I rely on an INT for a TD or at least returned so I'm in FG range, and on Barney to run a kick off or punt back.

My first game, I managed to force a fumble that left me in FG range - then in OT I actually won the coin toss and KICKED off. I managed to pin them deep on a nice kick - and drove them back for a safety.

The next game I managed to get a kickoff return TD off the second half opening kick off. Then I managed a sack later on in the 4th.

In the second game I gave up a whopping 45 yards I'm not sure what I gave up in the first game, though. Although, I only had something like 135 yards in that same game. I punted a lot

It's actually a lot of fun with no offense. Because it means I have to play very carefully - and when I do get a big play, it feels awesome. When I run for 8 yards, it's a huge deal.

I can't afford to mess up on D, though. If I do, I'm pretty much ****ed. Luckily, I've only given up 3 points in 2 games so far, while scoring 14 myself.

I really like stacking one side completely. It's fun being unstoppable on offense - but then I'm wide open on D.

I prefer having a great D, because a sweet INT or a sack for 5 yards makes me feel better than a 40-50 yard TD Run.
I had to try this, so I created the Portland Dragons:
Gold:
CB Night Train Lane
FS Willie Wood

Silver:
ILB Nick Bounicoti
K Jan Stenerud
SS Joey Browner

Bronze:
DT Leon Lett
DT William Perry
OLB Brad Van Pelt
CB Terry McDaniel
HB Christian Okoye
QB Bill Wade

I just couldn't commit to an all star defense, so I had to use two bronze for a QB and HB. I decided in close fought games that field position and FG kicking would be critical, so I spent the silver on Stenerud. Once I get to the opponents 40 yd line, I have shot of scoring!

Still, the defense gives up a few plays, and moving it on offense is really tough. I've been surprised at getting a couple passing TDs throwing to all the generics though, as long as they are covered by a bronze or generic -you have a chance.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I notice that a lot of guys don't use Star O-Lineman. I was curious to find out how a Generic O-line plays,because I'm thinking about making a team tonight with a Generic O-Line......I'm also looking for some people to play online as well....thanks fellas,hope to see you on the gridiron and here's my Team....

Gold: Russ Grimm
Glod: O.J Simpson

Silver: Anthony Munoz
Silver: Chris Doleman
Silver: Lem Barney

Bronze: Bernie Kosar
Bronze: Eugene Robinson
Bronze: Dexter Manley
Bronze: Alvin Harper
Bronze: Pepper Johnson
Bronze: Bill Curry

I love to run the footbal. I'm inspired by Joe Gibbs. I love the way the APF2K8 play's in the trenches,so running the football is fun for me. So I'm pretty old school with a Ball Control ofense and Good solid defense....And this squad I put together does fits that moled.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I've got Grimm on my run-based team, and he dominates. It's lovely. So does Muņoz. What's great about this game is that guys who excel at run blocking are great not just at the point of attack, but are noticeably active at the second and third levels as well. I'm amazed at how they implemented these skills, and they're really noticeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »