Home

How do you stop the flag/post crossing pattern?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the flag/post crossing pattern? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: How do you stop the flag/post crossing pattern?

aside from the obvious disadvantage, why is it frowned upon. If something is frowned upon that would indicate cheese, i see nothing cheesy about that, its not like you have a super blitz that gets through max protect every time
Old 01-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
aside from the obvious disadvantage, why is it frowned upon. If something is frowned upon that would indicate cheese, i see nothing cheesy about that, its not like you have a super blitz that gets through max protect every time
yeah some people consider it cheese. I don't, but I also don't like to do anything that my opponent would consider cheese because a lot of people have the mentality that "if he's gonna cheese, wait til he sees how much I can cheese!"
Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Do what you've gotta do. If you peel a DE to cover a TE, I'm loving that. It's what audibles and good playcalling are for. I'm running off-tackles all day and calling a variety of route combinations to keep the opponent guessing. I won't peel the DE myself to cover that route, though I will at times if I diagnose a screen. Manually covering with a LB or a S is just smart if you're okay with the sticks, so I see no problem with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #12
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: How do you stop the flag/post crossing pattern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
If it's hurting me but a receiver is doing damage as well, as much as I know some people frown upon this, I will take either an OLB or a DE and manually cover the TE. This takes away from the pass rush and leaves you vulnerable to a run on that side, but has really helped me stop that route (also helps with a TE crossing route).

Yeah, I would also take over a linebacker and manually cover the tight end, trying to bracket the TE with a safety up top covering outside while I trail him covering inside.

Kruza
Old 01-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #13
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

your telling me that there are some morons out there that thinks manually sticking the TE with a LB is cheese?

What about the plays that blitz but also drop a lineman beit a tackle or an end into zone. It's considered cheese to manually cnotrol one of them? My god that is flat out ridiculous. I'm glad I pretty much only play with a group of friends offline, I've only played a couple games online, but I go balls to the wall controlling my defenders. I wouldnt wanna be called a cheeser for that.

If i see im getting abused by Rice, I will manually control a safety and double team rice every down till they decide to do something else. If they abuse the TE same thing. But I'll be damned if playing good sound D is considered cheese.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I don't think anybody is saying that manually controlling your defenders is cheese, at least none of the posters here. I fully expect my better opponents to do that if I get into a rut with my playcalling. The trick on offense is not to do that so that even if your opponent wants to control a given player, he's got to make a read on the play and isn't just able to run to a single spot, knowing that the ball is going there.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #15
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I don't think anybody is saying that manually controlling your defenders is cheese, at least none of the posters here. I fully expect my better opponents to do that if I get into a rut with my playcalling. The trick on offense is not to do that so that even if your opponent wants to control a given player, he's got to make a read on the play and isn't just able to run to a single spot, knowing that the ball is going there.
nah I don't think anybody here thinks that it's cheese. But some people I've played against call it cheese, even though they just got done no-huddling and throwing the 4-wide deep outs five times in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »