Home

Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out?

This is a discussion on Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out?

they should look at the xbox and ps2 versions of winning eleven soccer. GO THAT ROUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if they have to keep every nfl team name out of their audio data base. they still cna have people type in the names of what they want the team to be. make the whole league customisable and keep the online ranked modes just default. With league play make the leagues customizable. it could be one of the biggest things ever especially if it blows madden out of the water gameplay wise. if people could make their own league they might look past the NFL licenses
Old 01-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

I don't even care anymore. I have more football fix. NFL2k5, APF2k8, and NCAA 2007 on the xbox.

Sport gamers and next gen was an unfulfilled promise.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
they should look at the xbox and ps2 versions of winning eleven soccer. GO THAT ROUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if they have to keep every nfl team name out of their audio data base. they still cna have people type in the names of what they want the team to be. make the whole league customisable and keep the online ranked modes just default. With league play make the leagues customizable. it could be one of the biggest things ever especially if it blows madden out of the water gameplay wise. if people could make their own league they might look past the NFL licenses
Agreed. This whole 2K line of "lets play nice with the NFL and limit customization" thing isn't going to get the license back. Only CA$H will get it back.

So give us full customization of everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #12
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I was over at www.digitalsportsmania.com and they have an article about the upcoming sports titles for 08' and it has a short paragraph about APF2K9,as well does www.ultimateshowdown.com a website dedicated to 2K sports has confirmed that APF2K9 will be released in 08'.....HOOOOORAY, we will have a legit football game this year after all.

Last edited by cjallure24; 01-16-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #13
Rookie

aenggeorge's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsportsmania
2K Sports new iteration of All Pro Football is going to be the best football game on the market this year. Unfortunately for Madden, until proven otherwise the best football game on the market comes out of Take-Two. As long as the crew at Take-Two can keep on innovating and give us better customization options, expect this game to be great once again.
best of 08 huh??? well hope they are right!

Last edited by aenggeorge; 01-16-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: changes
Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I was over at www.digitalsportsmania.com and they have an article about the upcoming sports titles for 08' and it has a short paragraph about APF2K9....I'm not taking that as a confirmation.But if they are correct,and I pray they are I can breathe a sigh of relief.
I would say if the players were under 2 or more year contracts then it would come out. If the second year was just an option then its has to be on shaky ground. If a second year wasn't part of the contract then i would think little chance. If i recall right from the interviews, most the players were 2 game deals.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

according to a post on pastapadre, 2k9 likely won't come out. the same magazine that first broke the story about APF in the first place, I think it was game informer, has had a series of rumors saying 2k9 won't come out. I wouldn't be surprised and I'm not holding out hope either. That's why even though I don't really play it right now, I'm holding onto 2k8 so when I want to play a football game, I can.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:26 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 17

The links posted above are not a confirmation the game is being released. The statement reads like this:

"On the 2K Sports front, the publisher said the label will turn a profit for the first time in fiscal 2009, and addressed the future of its All-Pro Football franchise. Despite sluggish sales, Take-Two intends to ship it again next year, "although we are looking at it carefully." Specifically, the company is looking at different price points and release dates as potential ways to make it more successful than this year's installment."

All that really means is that they are analyzing the situation, and in the meantime they will work under the assumption that it will ship. However, games in production are cancelled all the time. Those pieces are pretty old at this point anyway.

As far as Game Informer, there weren't any rumors that the game "wasn't coming out" as posted on Pastapadre's site. That was a blatant mis-representation. Pasta has for years been an unabashed EA nutlicker of epic proportions, especially when posting on Madden nation. I wouldn't rely on that website for spin-free news. For clarification: There was a snippet printed in the Loose Talk section of the mag from a couple of months ago citing an un-named source at 2K Sports saying that APF09 "has a 50/50 chance" of being released. In short this just confirms the above news print. They are unsure if they will go through with shipping it, so they will progress regardless in the event they DO decide to ship.....that way they didn't spend the last year sitting around with their thumbs up their a$$es instead of developing the game should the word from the top come to release the game.

Last edited by metallicatz; 01-16-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »