Home

Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out?

This is a discussion on Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
What's this Backbreaker FB everyone keeps mentioning?
BackBreaker is a football game that has an unofficial release date for June. There are some vids and pics at IGN. They also have a website but it doesnt tell you much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
uhhhhhhhh wait what about college hoops 2k9 being cancelled?

Yep. No CHoops 2k9 due to broken negotiations between the CLC and 2k.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #27
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

This game has to be released....If APF2K8 gets a similar rating to Madden 08 with not a lot of gameplay options show that this game isn't far from being the best Sim football game....If this game can be just as good as Madden 08 in one year of production,there is no telling what could happen.....Don't rule out a price drop like thay did with NFL2K5......I have a feeling that APF2K9 will be in stores come this summer.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:37 AM   #28
Rookie

the good thing about choops being cancelled is that now money can be distributed around and hopefully that means more funding for APF 2k9...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #29
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
This game has to be released....If APF2K8 gets a similar rating to Madden 08 with not a lot of gameplay options show that this game isn't far from being the best Sim football game....If this game can be just as good as Madden 08 in one year of production,there is no telling what could happen.....Don't rule out a price drop like thay did with NFL2K5......I have a feeling that APF2K9 will be in stores come this summer.
Yes, their meta scores were only 6 apart, but the major reviewers (IGN, in particular) came down pretty hard on APF 2k8, while talking about Madden '08 like it was this revolutionary next-gen title (it wasn't). Not to mention the more important point: APF 2k8 DIDN'T SELL...or at least if it did, it sold for like $29 two months after release.

The Legends idea was a terrible misstep from 2k, and one they can't recover from immediately. They basically gave up on trying to make a customizable game that could compete with Madden, and ripped out essential elements like RATINGS, trades, and franchise modes so that they wouldn't be unfair to some of these ex-NFL'ers they had to beg to be in the game. They'd have to completely redesign the way this game is laid out, and there's no financial incentive for them to do so. I'd say it's 60/40 right now that there WON'T be a 2k football game this year, but if it does come out, don't expect it to be much different than 2k8.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 29

It would be smart for 2K to hold off on making any football game this year and try to get into the NFL games again next year when the EA contract expires. Granted, this probably won't happen. BUT, what if Mark Cuban got on board with 2K and they started a "UFL" game.

Hear me out...

2K said they couldn't do a Franchise in 2K8 because there was no background on players or teams. I think you could implement a new storyline and have a crazy deep game if you were to incorporate a brand new start-up league.

They could put in Franchise, Create a Team, Legends (retro league), Online Leagues, etc.

I could work.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #31
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Yes, their meta scores were only 6 apart, but the major reviewers (IGN, in particular) came down pretty hard on APF 2k8, while talking about Madden '08 like it was this revolutionary next-gen title (it wasn't). Not to mention the more important point: APF 2k8 DIDN'T SELL...or at least if it did, it sold for like $29 two months after release.

The Legends idea was a terrible misstep from 2k, and one they can't recover from immediately. They basically gave up on trying to make a customizable game that could compete with Madden, and ripped out essential elements like RATINGS, trades, and franchise modes so that they wouldn't be unfair to some of these ex-NFL'ers they had to beg to be in the game. They'd have to completely redesign the way this game is laid out, and there's no financial incentive for them to do so. I'd say it's 60/40 right now that there WON'T be a 2k football game this year, but if it does come out, don't expect it to be much different than 2k8.
I think what APF did in getting rid of rating numbers and putting in tiers of attributes was the most revolutionary step in sports games in recent memory. I think it works great and I hope they keep it and expand it to other series, such as NBA2k9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #32
Rookie

I agree docholliday. The attributes system replicates the players style closer than anything ever in a football game. And in basketball 2k8's system is the best.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »