Home

Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out?

This is a discussion on Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #33
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is All Pro 2K9 still coming out?

The game play might have been solid, but if All Pro 2K9 doesn't improve on the terrible graphics they shouldn't even bother putting it out. I'm sure the poor sales numbers had a lot to do with the fact it simply doesn't look like a next gen game. Other 2K games certainly look much better than All Pro.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 32

nope
Old 01-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Is that a "nope" to the thread question, grunt, or a response to a particular person's post? Do you have some insider info? I'd be really disappointed if some version of this game didn't come out next year, be it generic and customizable or a slightly enhanced version of the present concept. Elaborate, please . . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #36
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I remember reading a quote from Jeff Thomas of 2K sporst saying "We feel that we are four years ahead of the competion,and we wanna keep it that way"....I couldn't agree more. I may be in the minority,but I feel with the lack of game modes in APF2K8, its still a better game then Madden 08'....I truely believe that TAKE 2 and 2K Sports should not give up on making football games...EA Sports bring out a new feature called "Weapons" when 2K intoduces there no ratings along with there special weapons...I agree with Jeff and TAKE 2 and 2K Sports that they are light years ahead of EA and will always be....When you have gamers playing a three year old game in NFL2K5 shows how far ahead of it's time they were.....
Old 01-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

[quote=cjallure24;2038076402]I remember reading a quote from Jeff Thomas of 2K sporst saying "We feel that we are four years ahead of the competion,and we wanna keep it that way"....quote]

This had to be the most disappointing football game ever released by 2K Sports. They tried to give it so much hype before it was released stating crap like this and look at what they really gave footbal gamers: no franchise mode and a game that appeared to be a copy of there rival competitor; EA Sports! When I first spent the $50 or $60 for this game (a rough estimate if you factor in the sales tax) I thought I bought the best football game ever! All that changed when I sat down to actually play the game and saw how much 2K Sports tried to mold there game after Madden. And as far as 4 years ahead of the competition....I think Jeff Thomas might have been refering to the other games they were making like BioShock and so forth. AP2K8 in my opinion set them back four years and should have never been released to the general public for game play. 2K Sports had good intentions and a heart in feeling empathetic to the loyal fans of NFL2K5 but they really lost a lot in releasing this kind of crap game...me included! Sometimes I really wonder...if a game like Mass effect can be made and released why can't there be a football game that features the same kind of visual graphics? And why can't 2K Sports just stick with the kind of gameplay featured in 2K5? If they had the resources to combine the two games I think you'd probably have the best football game ever released?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #38
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I remember reading a quote from Jeff Thomas of 2K sporst saying "We feel that we are four years ahead of the competion,and we wanna keep it that way"....I couldn't agree more. I may be in the minority,but I feel with the lack of game modes in APF2K8, its still a better game then Madden 08'....I truely believe that TAKE 2 and 2K Sports should not give up on making football games...EA Sports bring out a new feature called "Weapons" when 2K intoduces there no ratings along with there special weapons...I agree with Jeff and TAKE 2 and 2K Sports that they are light years ahead of EA and will always be....When you have gamers playing a three year old game in NFL2K5 shows how far ahead of it's time they were.....
Agreed.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #39
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

[quote=cimbus3;2038077349]
Quote:
I remember reading a quote from Jeff Thomas of 2K sporst saying "We feel that we are four years ahead of the competion,and we wanna keep it that way"....quote]

This had to be the most disappointing football game ever released by 2K Sports. They tried to give it so much hype before it was released stating crap like this and look at what they really gave footbal gamers: no franchise mode and a game that appeared to be a copy of there rival competitor; EA Sports! When I first spent the $50 or $60 for this game (a rough estimate if you factor in the sales tax) I thought I bought the best football game ever! All that changed when I sat down to actually play the game and saw how much 2K Sports tried to mold there game after Madden. And as far as 4 years ahead of the competition....I think Jeff Thomas might have been refering to the other games they were making like BioShock and so forth. AP2K8 in my opinion set them back four years and should have never been released to the general public for game play. 2K Sports had good intentions and a heart in feeling empathetic to the loyal fans of NFL2K5 but they really lost a lot in releasing this kind of crap game...me included! Sometimes I really wonder...if a game like Mass effect can be made and released why can't there be a football game that features the same kind of visual graphics? And why can't 2K Sports just stick with the kind of gameplay featured in 2K5? If they had the resources to combine the two games I think you'd probably have the best football game ever released?
I'd be curious as to how you think they tried to copy Madden with APF 2k8, but your points about this game setting them back were dead-on. The quote from that 2k guy was pretty ballsy, considering what they actually did was put out a game that was 4 years OLD in terms of gameplay and some visual elements (EVEN if you still prefer those to the crap EA puts out). More importantly, 2k8 was 4 years BEHIND 2k5 in terms of presentation and features!!! Seriously, there were launch titles for the PS2 that had franchise and season options that APF 2k8 lacked.

Their whole strategy in developing this game seemed to be prefaced on taking away things you see in other games, starting with the obvious one: NFL teams & players. They also took away ESPN (lost the license). Then they took away ratings altogether, and tried to sell you that it made the game more realistic. But they weren't done. Enjoy managing football teams, setting up depth charts, making trades, and playing beyond a single season? 2k took all that away too. They didn't even get the generic player generator right--you basically pick a style of player you want (finesse, possession, power), and all of the generics basically play the same.

The 2k5 guy was wrong: 2k football was 4 years ahead of its time in 2004. They could've put out a four-year old game with little additional investment, leaving the game fully customizable with robust roster options and franchise modes. Instead, they wasted time and money running door to door thowing money at NFL vets, and the product looks and feels incomplete. I'm a HUGE 2k5 fan, but I have no need for another APF game if it's going to look anything like this one did.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #40
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

[quote=cimbus3;2038077349]
Quote:
I remember reading a quote from Jeff Thomas of 2K sporst saying "We feel that we are four years ahead of the competion,and we wanna keep it that way"....quote]

First thing first...EA Sports copied TAKE2 and 2K Sports....I have to disagree that APF2K8 was bad game. It's still a good solid football game as far as gameplay goes. Animation is still way better then EA. The Offense and Defensive Line play is and always has been superior to EA.......I'm not going to bash TAKE2 and 2K sports for APF2K8 because its still better then what EA Sports has shoved in our face the past few years.....We all have witness the potential that TAKE2 and 2K sports have in making a great football game in NFL2K5....and to count them out after one go around IMO isn't fair after the countless oppurtunities gamers have given EA Sports....how many times have we all popped in Madden and said to ourselfs "not another year of this"......So all I'm saying is that TAKE2 and 2K Sports deserves some wiggle room while there trying to pull all of us as football gamers into some type of sanity after dealing with very stressful years with EA Sports.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »