Home

A message for 2K Sports

This is a discussion on A message for 2K Sports within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: A message for 2K Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
This is funny. So, posting my impressions of a game that I was disappointed with is discouraging people from buying it? Wow, judging by their sales numbers, I guess I touched a lot of people.

We all wanted a new 2K football game, myself included. We got it, but 2K didn't listen to the masses, the people that wanted full customization, because they didn't want to piss off a company they'll likely never do business with again.
No one said your opinions affected the buying decisions of many. Just was saying what I thought was said back when we were discussing the merits/negatives of the game. And "the masses" wanted pretty much everything - the game got knocked for a lot of reasons. No franchise. Season mode is worthless because... I want franchise. Lacks full customization. No pixel-level uniform editor. Don't like the themed-stadiums. Too many "legends" that aren't legends. Too few legends. Should be no legends. Should be more legends. Graphics aren't MLB2K-level that I expected. Control scheme not different enough. Disappointed the game didn't have NFL2K5-level presentation.

I'm sure there are a lot more things others can name. Even if they nailed each of the aspects I mentioned above, it still would come down to the one thing they can do nothing about - it's not an NFL game. I still feel if they were able to slap NFL teams/logos/players into the game, with it's deficiencies, the game would've been successful. That's how huge the license is for some, that it makes people willing to put up with multiple-turnover games, or subpar gameplay. Acting as if the game would've been a success if they made it fully-customizable and slapped a "Make an NFL-like Game!" on the cover is ridiculous imo. We couldn't even get a consensus of the direction they should take HERE - and we're supposedly the hardcore fans. Everyone had their own idea on what the game should be, and people shot it down when it wasn't [their vision]. I'd love to see an APF2K9, but there's no way they can please everyone.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #18
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Maybe they did not bid on the NCAA license because they are planning on bidding on the NFL license. We all know that they are not able to outbid EA for multiple licenses. I hope that they are saving their money due to an impending bidding war for the NFL license, or the NBA license. They probably had to decide which one would be more profitable in the future. This is sad, but a foreseeable trend that has made its way to our beloved sports games.

For all of you out there that stated that you did not like APF, and did not buy it because it did not have a franchise, no NFL players, was different than 2K5, or etc…you actually should be working for EA. I did not make the aforementioned statement to disrespect anyone, but the reality is that word of mouth often hurts (or helps) a new game more than reviews. So instead of criticizing APF for what it does not have, appreciate it for what it does offer and encourage others to buy it. If not, I think we all know what the future holds for 2K football.

Personally, I think that APF is the best football game that has ever been produced. No, it is not perfect but in comparison to its competition, it is undeniably better.

Am I mad at EA? NO
Am I mad with the NCAA? NO

Unfortunately for us, licenses are viewed as a product, and the NCAA has the right to sell their product to whomever they choose. They do not have to adhere to any federal or state guidelines pertaining to whom they sell their license to. If you or I could offer them enough money, they would sell it to us. They could care less if it is EA or 2K, they just want the money (hey that rhymed).

Sports in general have decided to supplement their income by engaging in these exclusive license deals. NFL, NCAA, and the NBA have been doing exclusive license deals for years. Like I stated earlier, the exclusive deals are now hitting us sports gamers. If I owned EA, I would be doing the same thing. The only difference would be that I actually would care about producing quality games.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #19

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
If you look at it EA has enough under their belt right now to build their own gaming console. They'd have a pretty good first party line-up and they would have all the sports except baseball, which they tried to get and NBA, which they also tried to get, under wraps.
Not joking, but I think that would then be a true monopoly, no?
Old 01-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
I honestly believe APF is probably next up on the chopping block. According to Gamestop, the game failed to sell 200,000 copies (PS3 and 360 combined) in the United States. That, and the MLB 3rd party rights, are the main reasons 2K is in the mess that they're in.

So, I'd like to thank APF for taking my College Hoops away from me.
IF the MLB rights thing is one of the problems that 2k is in trouble, then they better be putting out one of the best damn baseball games this year, if not then it's all for what?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 01-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #21
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

here's what floors me...
T2 could see fit to bankroll ROCKSTAR TABLE TENNIS...

I wonder how many copies that pile of poo sold by comparison to APF 2K8?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #22
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
here's what floors me...

LOL... good point.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
here's what floors me...

Yeah they marketed the hell out of that trash! And it sold out alot at Gamestops, Best Buys and other stores..and sold for $40

You would think with APF selling for $60 They would have marketed it better, or even College hoops and NBA 2k8 neither were marketed the hell up, like Table Tennis was!

Even Top Spin 2, had a none existing marketing for it.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

If APF makes another iteration of this game it HAS TO be customizeable.You should be able to FULLY name every player in the game. They should include the 2k share so people could share rosters/sliders etc. If you really put some time into it you could probably make every NFL uniform, not to the T, but pretty close. I know they are not EA but 2k really never marketed this game. You have to put some money into this to get the most out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »